• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

AGK target.

Arohas

AGK target for CerberusX, where can I get it, is there any manual?
I'm interested for windows and android.
I can't find anything. :(

Hi Arohas,

welcome to the forum.

First you need to open this script..

1613322133847.png

Next step is to build an run it with the Desktop Target... (I hope you have installed Visual Studio or MingW)

1613322206371.png

It will ask you about the location of the Cerberus X directory itself and your AGK installation.

If you have picked the correct locations, the tool will extract, copy and build all files.

2nd last step is to rebuild the documentation via

1613322379089.png

Last step is to restart Cerberus. You will find a new folder under examples.

Any further questions, just please ask.

Btw. It is important to set up your Visual Studio edition and Android Studio according to TGCs documentation.
Cerberus X does not take this task away from you.

Thank!
But, apparently, I have not configured something yet, Visual Studio and AGK are tired for me. But there is no desktop choice.
Безымянный.png

Еxcuse my english, this is google translate...

Oh, I guessed to look at the documentation :). Wait with the answers, it seems there is a lot ...

No problem, so far I can understand you.

Ok, so you don't have Visual Studio or MingW installed. As you need Visual Studio to compile for AGK Tier 2, this is the best option.

In this folder of your AGK installation you find an tutorial which includes information how to download and set up Visual Studio to use AGK Tier2.

1613323712526.png

I recommend going with Visual Studio Community edition 2017, which you also can use for CX.

Depending on where you have installed Visual Studio, you need to alter the MSBUILD_PATH inside config.winnt.txt file .

1613323867216.png

Once you did this, restart CX and you should see the Desktop target.

Edit:

Also set the AGK_PATH to your AGK installation:

1613326233568.png

Last edited:
Безымянный.png
This is probably unicode in console out? It is necessary to add support in the future, be sure! It's not at all clear what VS needs...

I see that you use Visual Studio 2019. Currently we don't support that.

You can also use MingW for the Desktop target, but not for AGK.

Btw. It looks like the latest AGK releases broke their Tier 2 target on Android. Which AGK release do you use?

Btw. It looks like the latest AGK releases broke their Tier 2 target on Android. Which AGK release do you use?
Build 2021.02.10
I bought it on Steam, it seems to update itself to the latest version.

Last edited:
I used blitmax for several years, then I wanted 3D in my applications and bought AppGameKit, it's a good engine, but it's a terrible scripting language and it's very slow ~ 70 times slower than native code. CerberusX is just a godsend for me! Thank you for your hard work.

You're welcome. That target is a little pet project of mine.

I just found out how to fix TGCs faulty Android template. Later next week I will provide you with a new Buildtarget.cxs script, that does these changes automatically.
That problem exist since the last 2 agk releases. I guess no one on the TGC forums uses Tier2 and Android.

Ok, I wanted to get this out. Please replace the BuildTarget.cxs script with the attached one.

Attachments

• BuildTargets.cxs
    30.2 KB · Views: 97
Good day.
I set up a working environment according to: https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/25_android.htm
and got a working example AGK template in android studio.

Configured the ANDROID_PATH and JDK_PATH variables in config.winnt.txt
I can compile CerberusX example for android.

But if I try to compile Android game (AppGameKit) I get errors:

"D:/Environment/Compilers/Cerberus/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Android_Game_(AppGameKit) -config=Release "D:/Environment/Compilers/Cerberus/tools/build_agk/examples/ship/ship.cxs"
TRANS cerberus compiler V2020-10-11
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
compiling native code... D:\Environment\Compilers\Cerberus\tools\build_agk\examples\ship\ship.buildv2020-12-05\appgamekit_android\AGKTemplate\apps\template_android_google\AGK2Template\src\main
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 1 in ./AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-16. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.
[armeabi-v7a] Compile++ arm : android_player <= Core.cpp
[armeabi-v7a] Compile++ arm : android_player <= template.cpp
[armeabi-v7a] Compile thumb : android_native_app_glue <= android_native_app_glue.c
[armeabi-v7a] StaticLibrary : libandroid_native_app_glue.a
d:/Environment/android-ndk-r21e/build//../toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-ar: ../../build/jniObjs/local/armeabi-v7a/objs/android_native_app_glue/android_native_app_glue.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [d:/Environment/android-ndk-r21e/build//../build/core/build-binary.mk:600: ../../build/jniObjs/local/armeabi-v7a/libandroid_native_app_glue.a] Error 1
make: *** Deleting file '../../build/jniObjs/local/armeabi-v7a/libandroid_native_app_glue.a'
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\28.0.3\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-28\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\28.0.3\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platforms\android-28\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Exception while marshalling c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools\package.xml. Probably the SDK is read-only
Checking the license for package Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3 in c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\licenses
Warning: License for package Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3 not accepted.
Checking the license for package Android SDK Platform 29 in c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\licenses
Warning: License for package Android SDK Platform 29 not accepted.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Could not determine the dependencies of task ':AGK2Template:lintVitalRelease'.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':AGK2Template:lintClassPath'.
> Could not create task ':AGK2Template:minifyDebugWithR8'.
> Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.
build-tools;29.0.3 Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3
platforms;android-29 Android SDK Platform 29
To build this project, accept the SDK license agreements and install the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
Alternatively, to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, see http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html

Using Android SDK: c:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1s
TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.
Done.

Now I don't know what to do next.

Last edited:
It seems you did not accept the licenses or they need to be copied... manually. Here is a post explaining that.

To get Android running is sometimes a bitch.

Back
Top Bottom