Animation ala Prince of Persia?

Jimmy

3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
I now want to create a simple vector intro-animation like the game Prince of Persia but
Not sure if f I need a library to do this nor what data format I should use. SVG might be too complex or maybe I should use it and only use certain primitives? Like a made up mini-version of SVG? Or create a totally made up Json file with only polygons and bare essentials?

I've seen some members doing that kind of graphics so I was curious how does everyone accomplish that?

Do you use the inbuilt tween library and draw.polygon? And for designing the actual characters what do you use, do you use a 3D modeller or some a SVG package? Maybe you hand-code everything?

Jimmy

3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
I decided to first try to make 2D low-poly animation using cel-animation rather than a rigged animation.

If I within a reasonable amount of time can teach myself how to use normal maps then I might also bake in the high-poly details of the models as normal maps and provide that as an option to look more realistic but I dont' want realism right now (which is lucky).

What I really want later is full 3D, go high-poly and use PBR (Physically Based Rendering) textures.

Top Bottom