• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

News Cerberus X v2017-07-14 released!

Martin

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
3rd Party Tool Dev
Hey there,

we're proud to announce another release of Cerberus X! Major change is the Gradle support for Android. Admob Interstitials have been added as well!
You need to install Android Studio (or at least the SDK) with tools version 26.

You can download it here: https://krautapps.itch.io/cerberus-x
GitHub: https://github.com/KrautApps/cerberus

Working 64bit MinGW (for desktop target): https://www.cerberus-x.com/downloads/tdm-gcc-64.zip

It comes with precompiled binaries for Windows and MacOS.
Linux is (still) not working yet but will, we work on that!

NEW: [ANDROID] added Admob Interstitials
MOD: [ANDROID] Moved to Gradle build system - removed deprecated ANT stuff
FIX: [EXAMPLE] Fixed bouncyaliens.cxs example regarding the decorated window flag
FIX: [MOJO2] Fixed not using MAX_LIGHTS constant in Canvas:Init(Void)

Have fun and please let us know any issues.

Known issues:
  • Linux not working yet
  • GLFW Visual Studio doesn't work yet, please use MinGW 64 bit version instead.

Great work! Cerberus X itself and all the docs, forum posts and tutorials...

Well so far so good. Just got it to build in under 5 minutes on LinuxMint.
Gradle complains about the deprecated API calls along with unchecked or unsafe operations, and wants to recompile with the Xlint enabled.
Other than that, so far everything is working.
Nice work. Keep it up.

Yes I already removed some deprecated calls but I cannot remove all of them because that would rather raise the min sdk level to API 24 which would exclude even not so old targets so I did let them in.

Cool!

I'm looking at the code on GitHub and I must be blind... how did you "fix" the Admob Interstitials?

Well actually I just used your code and that from Mark together with the latest Android build tools and it worked immediately on my HTC with Android 7.1 installed.

Maybe it's because of the change to gradle which was quite an internal change.

I am wondering if I can still build 32-bit glfw apps? Not that I need to, just wondering... I remember there are some switches for gcc to enable 32-bits compilation, so I guess it is a matter of applying some flags somewhere in compilation pipeline?

Yes you can. In your config.cxs change this line

#GLFW_GCC_MSIZE_WINNT="64"

to

#GLFW_GCC_MSIZE_WINNT="32"

Thanks a lot!

I must be really dumb, but getting this error for android target?

android_1.jpg

Code:
"C:/tools/Cerberus/bin/transcc_winnt" -target=Android_Game -config=Debug -run "C:/tools/Cerberus/examples/mojo/mak/admobtest/admobtest.cxs"

TRANS cerberus compiler V2017-07-04
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Buildfile: C:\tools\Cerberus\examples\mojo\mak\admobtest\admobtest.buildv2017-07-04\android\build.xml

BUILD FAILED

C:\tools\Cerberus\examples\mojo\mak\admobtest\admobtest.buildv2017-07-04\android\build.xml:83: Cannot find C:\tools\android\sdk\tools\ant\build.xml imported from C:\tools\Cerberus\examples\mojo\mak\admobtest\admobtest.buildv2017-07-04\android\build.xml

Total time: 0 seconds
TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.
Done.

Android SDK location: C:\tools\android\sdk

No you're not dumb. You're using the old version of Cerberus.

Thanks, that fixes it :)

I am not sure if this is something obvious to the others, but I was getting this error:

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 3.093 secs
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file 'C:\tools\Cerberus\2017-07-14\examples\mojo\mak\admobtest\admobtest.buildv2017-07-14\android\app\build.gradle' line: 1

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred evaluating project ':app'.
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/android/build/gradle/AppPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.

With my java 1.7 32-bit JDK (worked fine with Monkey 86)

Fixed it by changing to 64-bit java 1.8 JDK

Phew. I'm glad it works now. :) Yes you need latest Java SDK as well. Have to adapt that HowTo...

Thanks a lot! Android target build is a breeze and the full screen admob ads are pure gold!!! (I hope)

Thanks for the great release, looks like it is time to start switching to Cerberus!

Yay! Thanks so much for your kind words. :)

and the full screen admob ads are pure gold!!!
Could you please test the release version of your app and let us know if you have problems? @therevills mentioned on Twitter that it doesn't work for him. Hangs his game after a few touches and after displaying an ad. But I am not sure if he tested it with the newest release.

Trying to compile my super game with Cerberus for Android, getting these errors, I suspect they look like playniax's timeline fx related stuff (attached):

C:\super\games\super-balls\balls.buildv2017-07-14\android\app\src\main\java\com\super\game\superBalls\CerberusGame.java:33: error: package com.cerberus does not exist
import com.cerberus.LangUtil;
^
C:\super\games\super-balls\balls.buildv2017-07-14\android\app\src\main\java\com\super\game\superBalls\CerberusGame.java:18242: error: cannot find symbol
int t_=LangUtil.parseInt((t_s[1].trim()).trim());
^
symbol: variable LangUtil
C:\super\games\super-balls\balls.buildv2017-07-14\android\app\src\main\java\com\super\game\superBalls\CerberusGame.java:18907: error: cannot find symbol
int t_charIndex=LangUtil.parseInt((t_chrdata[0]).trim());
^

Attachments

• cerbrus-super-1.txt
    47.5 KB · Views: 367
Hmm ya looks like a problem with that LangUtil thing which I've never used by myself yet. Do you have a small, tiny example using it so I can have a look?

Sure, thanks!

Attachments

• 2Cerb.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 302
Although it is a different set of errors, sorry for this sample...

07-18 21:04:36.299 11332 11375 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.cerberus.cerberusgame, PID: 11332
07-18 21:04:36.299 11332 11375 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.cerberus.cerberusgame-2/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.cerberus.cerberusgame-2/lib/arm64, /system/lib64, /vendor/lib64]]] couldn't find "liblangutil.so"

Back
Top Bottom