• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Fixed Cerberus X v2019-05-05 Ted Crashing (Linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul59

CX Code Contributor
In 'Options', change the font size and click ok then re-open 'Options', click to open the 'Font Family' drop-down = crash.

I can build and run projects ok otherwise but after this crash the last opened source file isn't remembered, there's nothing in 'recent files' and the target is set to C++ tool.

EDIT: noticed the version in Ted's window title bar is 4th May, not sure if that's relevant...

Linux Mint 64 bit.

Last edited:
Hello,
I have Bliztmax installed on Lubuntu 32bits runs fine. I installed a pack of 700 fonts that I use very frequently (folder ".fonts"). The Blitzmax IDE crashes when starting, not when I remove the folder, I guess it is when loading the fonts, some must not be compatible with the IDE or there may be some damaged...
It will be a coincidence?

Last edited:
Did the last version had the same problem?
Nope :(

EDIT: Correction - YES! Clearly I just never noticed if before.

It only happens if I try to change the font in the same session - if I change the size then quit and restart I can change the font face or size without issue.

Hello,
I have Bliztmax installed on Lubuntu 32bits runs fine. I installed a pack of 700 fonts that I use very frequently (folder ".fonts"). The Blitzmax IDE crashes when starting, not when I remove the folder, I guess it is when loading the fonts, some must not be compatible with the IDE or there may be some damaged...
It will be a coincidence?
You mean Cerberus not Blitzmax?

You mean Cerberus not Blitzmax?

With Blitzmax that happened to me, with Cerberus I did not try it because I deleted the extra Fonts that I added ...
Maybe the problem is the same. Have you placed more fonts than the default ones that Linux brings?

With Blitzmax that happened to me, with Cerberus I did not try it because I deleted the extra Fonts that I added ...
Maybe the problem is the same. Have you placed more fonts than the default ones that Linux brings?
Yes I have a few others installed but I don't think that's the issue.

In 'Options', change the font size and click ok then re-open 'Options', click to open the 'Font Family' drop-down = crash.

I just tested it here. Can't make it to crash. :confused: Linux Mint 64 bits here too.

Hmmm. I've tried selecting different fonts, changing the font size and clicking ok then going back to selecting a font and it seems to happen every time. What's the default font with ted?

In my case (Linux Lubuntu 32 bits) is "DejaVu Sans Mono".

Yes I have a few others installed but I don't think that's the issue.

Later, I will try to install the 700 fonts again and test if Cerverus (TED) gives a problem. I tell you how to get that test.

What's the default font with ted?
If I remember the default font should be taken from what ever the system defines as it's default mono spaced font. On Linux there is no default font.

If I remember the default font should be taken from what ever the system defines as it's default mono spaced font. On Linux there is no default font.
I can't seem to pinpoint what is causing the crash, it happens whichever font I use and i'm not using any weird fonts just deja vu, liberation, ubuntu etc.

Hello,
I installed the 700 font again:
Blitzmax IDE does not load.
CerberusX IDE works fine, but the options menu appears much wider than normal, but I can not make the error happen as Paul59 describes it.
Have you tried to start CerberusX from a terminal (CTRL + ALT + T) and see if it gives an error message by console?
I can not think of anything else, except to make a clean installation of Linux... :(

Last edited:
Yes, having a look at the console window is a good suggestion. I can create a debug version tonight when i am back from work, which might print out more information at the crash.
Gosh i love it when things work for most but not for one or a few.

Starting from a terminal I still get the crash but there's no output to indicate the cause :(

Starting from a terminal I still get the crash but there's no output to indicate the cause :(

Wait for Mike to give you a special version of the IDE with debugging messages. You will know what is the cause of your problem.

@Paul59 sorry for not providing a debug build. I ran into some health issues last night. I will provide you one soon.

I hope you're better Mike, and that it's just something mild ...
There is nothing better for the ills than a good rest, accompanied with a tasty hot soup and a good drink of wisky ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom