• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Do you use a project management tool and which one?

MikeHart

Administrator
At AppLovin we use Asana to assign tasks for our projects and privately I have used Trello.
But so far I am not super happy with their free functionality.

Do you use one to take care of your project and if yes, which one is it? What do you like about it?

I tried some things and even wrote some kind of todoList/project tool, but I never sticked to it. For building my house I used GanttProject to keep track of dependencies and timelines and it worked pretty well. To be honest, for my own little tasks I prefer pen and paper and I like throwing post-its of finished things into the dustbin.

I'm gonna use some next year I can't remember the name but I don't have too much to say about it yet persoanlly yet anyway. Ppl seem to really get into these kind of software now. I could use the structure so looking forward to it anyways! I might look into the one mentioned above as well. But I already has some notes on what i've seen last year that I thought seemed interesting (then I fgot back to watching yt and did not test it myself haha) That's gonna change next year.

I use Trello as well... but I too find it lacking. I mean, how hard it is to have a list to have sub items?

Like:
Code:
- create game ( 0 / 3)
  - title screen (0 / 3)
      - play button
      - options button
      - exit button
  - game screen
  - options screen
...and so on? If there is a simple way to do this in Trello, I missed it altogether :/

btw my favorite right now is Monday, i'm still learning though.

I've been using Basecamp with a project I was contributing to. I really liked the so called "Camp Fire" which is a global chat to leave messages that everyone can see.
You can then create boards and add items to boards and add a ToDo list, documents, images to each item, comments if you have anything to say and assign each item to anyone. Not only admins but anyone can assign people to any item so if you are working with an artist you can just assign tasks to the artist and give it a deadline when do you expect it, send a notification even, have a chat about each item in comment section if there is any question. Also no performance issues and have an awesome mobile app. Pretty nice.

However, we were using the paid version, I didn't try the free version, don't know what limitations are there.
For my personal projects, since I am working alone in private, I usually just use a ToDo app or a notes stored in the cloud and that's it

On Trello I believe you can also add somehow a ToDo list to cards so you can make it like

Game board
-Title Screen card
[x]play button
[x]options button

Maybe it is one way to go about it.

Back
Top Bottom