Getting API-33 working

arawkins

New member
Joined
Nov 9, 2017
Messages
2
Hey there, I have been working on updating one of my old games on Android API 33. I had to make a few tweaks to the Android template in the latest version of Cerberus to get it working and thought I would share them here in case anyone needs them.

In Cerberus\targets\android\template\gradletemplate\app\src\main\AndroidManifest.xml

In the <activity> tag, add

Code:
android:exported="true"

(I put it right after android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen", Line 25)

That got debug builds working for me. For release builds, I was getting some linter errors that were failing things, so in Cerberus\targets\android\template\gradletemplate\app\build.gradle, I added:

Code:
android {
    ...
    lintOptions {
        checkReleaseBuilds false
    }
}


And now things are working ok. I can put these changes into a pull request if that is helpful. Honestly I am not and Android expert or anything, I just muddled through until I got things working, maybe there is a better way.
 
Back
Top Bottom