GLFW3 Building Problems

Raexyl

Hey, I initially had the same problem from the other thread on GLFW3, but I now have another one. On building, the console shows:

TRANS cerberus compiler V2017-10-24

Parsing...

Semanting...

Translating...

Building...

'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'make CCOPTS=" -m64 -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64 -LC:/Users/jdpdj/Desktop/ComSci CsWk/cerberus-v2017-10-24/Cerberus/libs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=1

operable program or batch file.

Done.

If anyone could help, that would be great.

MikeHart

Administrator
Hi,

which thread?

How did you install MingW? GLFW on Windows is pretty straight forward.

Raexyl

I mean the thread regarding copying openAL. I installed it using the HOW TO: thread posted by Martin.

Soap

CX Code Contributor
I have similar error when trying to build an example with Jungle

C:\cerberus\cerberus\bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) "C:/cerberus/Cerberus/examples/mojo2/mojotest/mojotest.cxs"
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Copied openal32.dll to C:\cerberus\Cerberus\examples\mojo2\mojotest\mojotest.buildv2018-02-23\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied openal32_COPYING to C:\cerberus\Cerberus\examples\mojo2\mojotest\mojotest.buildv2018-02-23\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
Copied openal32_LICENCE to C:\cerberus\Cerberus\examples\mojo2\mojotest\mojotest.buildv2018-02-23\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug64
'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'make CCOPTS=" -m64 -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64 -LC:/cerberus/cerberus/libs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=1
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

Soap

CX Code Contributor
I installed https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/make/3.81/ and setup it on path.

Now I get

C:\cerberus\cerberus\bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3) "C:/cerberus/Cerberus/examples/mojo2/mojotest/mojotest.cxs"
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
gcc -m64 -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug64/context.o ../glfw3/src/context.c
../glfw3/src/context.c:1:0: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in
//========================================================================
^
make: *** [build/Debug64/context.o] Error 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'make CCOPTS=" -m64 -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64 -LC:/cerberus/cerberus/libs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

MikeHart

Administrator
Guys you dont need to install anything on windows. Just extract the zip file martin linked too and set the paths correctly. Try to install Mingw never worked for me.

Soap

CX Code Contributor
The zip he linked to was the first thing I tried.

MikeHart

Administrator
Weird. I have CX inside a Dekstop folder and MingW right inside a C:\ folder.

Spaces inside path names? Which app config settings do you have set?

Soap

CX Code Contributor
c:\cerberus\cerberus has Cerberus.exe in it

The config.winnt.txt is vanilla from the last 2017 release with MINGW_PATH= "C:\cerberus\tdm-gcc-64\bin" and that is the version downloaded from Martin's link.

Soap

CX Code Contributor
Is gnumake supposed to be a dependency?

Soap

CX Code Contributor
Yes, on Windows 10. gnumake is certainly not a dependency for Cerberus to build. The linked files for building do work as long as no other make tools are in the system path. Although ideally they wouldn't need to care what is in the system path to work right.

MikeHart

Administrator
I am still on Windows 7. MAYBE it is a problem with the older MingW version we use. Need to look into this someday.

Top Bottom