• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Minimal macOS version

Pierrou

Hi
A colleague of mine lent me her mid 2011 MacBook Pro. I updated it up to High Sierra but that's the last supported version on that hardware.
I installed Xcode 10.1 and tried to compile some random example and got this message :

TRANS cerberus compiler V2020-05-09
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
Referenced from: /Applications/Cerberus/bin/transcc_macos (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

(and no target is available)

Can I use Cerberus on this Mac and if I can what am I supposed to do to compile anything?
Sorry to ask this and thanks!!

Last edited:
I'm suck using OS X 10.11 (EL Capitan).

Looks like you will have to rebuild transcc and tools and set the minimum OSX deployment to 10.9.
Open the rebuildall_macos.sh file and change the line.
Bash:
clang++ -O3 -DNDEBUG -o ../bin/transcc_macos transcc/transcc.build/cpptool/main.cpp -Wno-bitwise-op-parentheses -Wno-logical-op-parentheses
to
Bash:
clang++ -O3 -DNDEBUG -o ../bin/transcc_macos transcc/transcc.build/cpptool/main.cpp -Wno-bitwise-op-parentheses -Wno-logical-op-parentheses -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 -std=gnu++0x -stdlib=libc++
And then run the script to build the tools. Ignore anything related to Ted as you would have to download and install the Qt SDK to build it and later releases of the SDK require newer version of Mac OS X.

Wow thanks what would we do without you all on the forum? I'll try this tonight!
I hope potential users don't give up trying to use CerberusX when having that kind of trouble, because there is always a solution somewhere but usually not in the docs...

Last edited:
You are right. I would have been stuck at several occasions without him.
@dawlane Would it be ok if I integrated some of your posts from the forums into the documentation?
If yes, would it be enough to mention your name in the general contribution section of the docs or are you expecting your name to be writen next to each article?

Hi it's working indeed. Compiled a few examples for Desktop and trying iOs right now (it takes ages) - working too.
Thanks a lot!
I followed the steps in the text document found in the src/ folder to rebuild (I had never done that before). I understood a bit late what you meant by "ignore anything related to Ted" but it didn't hurt to install Qt anyway.
As usual, thanks to the great people spending some of their spare time to help here I got everything working and I can go on, I hope CX beginners are not too shy to ask too because most of the time the answer is far from obvious...

Back
Top Bottom