• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Resolution and app file size

Ferret3D

I never developed for Android.

What virtual resolution should i use?
What is a reasonable file size for the final app?
What is a reasonable file size for images?

Anything else i should know?

I think i can keep it under 5 Mb.
The puzzles are all < 400 Kb, total is 2.80 Mb.
A Puzzle is a 800x600 72ppi jpg image.

It all depends. Which devices do you target, how your artwork is created and so on. And the app size... that depends mostly on the resources too. The code alone and the executable are pretty small. Why do you want it to be under 5 MB?

I use a virtual resolution of 960x640 ( landscape ) for all my games. But as MikeHart says, it depends on which device you target. And how much space you need. I think your first goal should be to finish your game. In my opinion it is unimportant if your game is 1mb / 2mb or 5 mb.

I think, what you wanted are some guidelines or experiences on this, right?
For resolution I chose half of fullHD (960x540), because first I wanted to make my game for fullHD desktop and I ran into some trouble with the grafics memory on android when I went fullHD with some layers, wich seemed to crash in my case at about 5mb. Second the ratio of fullHD is quite a good compromise for different screens, and third there was, if I remember correctly, a limit for the image size of 1024px on some old devices, so I kept my files smaller.

The size of your app package is limited to 80mb on google play, I think and you can exceed this with an extention, so app filesize seems no matter to me at that moment.

This is, what I can remember at the moment from about a year ago, so please correct me, if I am wrong ;-)

Exactly what i wanted to know.

I want to keep the app size low because of disk space and download time/costs.

That's one of those things I always loved about Monkey/Cerberus. In Unity for an empty(!) project you already have a whooping 9MB binary. In Cerberus it's around 100kb.

Back
Top Bottom