running on mac

Dubbsta

working on something with some friends who have mac, can someone tell me how to run a build on mac what files and how thank you.

Jimmy

3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
If you want to compile your own sources on Mac :

Guide how to compile Cerberus from GitHub on macOS
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Install xcode & commandline
* Install Android studio
* Install JAVA (jdk-8u251-macosx-x64)
* Install ant (apache-ant-1.10.8)

Download and install Qt
----------------------------
1) Download Qt 5.9.2 from https://download.qt.io/official_releases/online_installers/
(qt-unified-mac-x64-3.2.3-online)
2) You only need to select "main Qt Desktop build" & "QtWebEngine".
3 Run the installer and install it into Username/Qt, which is the default location.

Building Cerberus from GitHub
------------------------------------
* Download https://github.com/cerberusxdev/cerberus and unzip
* Open the terminal and CD to the Cerberus folder called "src"
* Write into the terminal : sudo ./rebuildall_macos.sh 5.9.2

* If you're gonna use Android you might need to edit cerberus macossetting file to make sure Ant points to the correct folder where it is.

You're' done!

Dubbsta

thank you jimmy good to know, do i need to do all this if i just want to run a build on a mac and not devolop?
mike said install xcode and command line tools but after that where do i find mac files and how to run them thanks

MikeHart

Administrator
I don't understand. To develop with CX for OSX you just need to install Xcode and it's commandline tools from the Apple appstore.

Besides CX you need to install all this on a Mac. You can't do this on a windows PC.

If you don't want to develop for Android, you just need to install what I told you and download CX for OSX and install that too.

Phil7

Administrator
CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Tool Dev
No, what Jimmy wrote is just necessary if you don't want to use a ready made release version of CerberusX from itch.io to set up a develop machine, but build it on your own from the source code on github.

If you have build your app on a mac you find the executable in the "yourApp.buildv2021-05-16/glfw3/xcode/build/Debug/" folder.

Jimmy

3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
do i need to do all this if i just want to run a build on a mac and not devolop?
Nope I wrote the complete procedure which includes compiling Cerberus itself from sourcecode.

Cerberus-X also comes pre-compiled.
HTML platform works out of the box
macos/ios platforms works if you add xcode & commandlines (as usual for developing stuff on the mac)
Android platform need Ant and editing Ant path

When we get get to use VisualStudioCode as our new IDE QT will be out of the picture completely. I'm looking forward to the day I can shove QT off my already overfilled computer.

Last edited:

Dubbsta

sorry i wasnt totally clear my friends are running mac im writing on window they just need to run it. i dont have mac so i dont know how to run it on mac or the files. but from all your posts i should have all the info thanks guys sorry for the confusion

Top Bottom