• We would be very happy if you post something about your games/apps (made with Cerberus X or Monkey X) here in this section. One or more screenshots in your first post would be awesome and definitely show off your creation even better!

Showcase some kind of pool game

Rich

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
3rd Party Tool Dev
Hi

Heres a WIP movie of a project. As a game of pool it works perfectly, but Im a massive fan of Archer MacLean games so want to pop in more fun things
Maybe make it in a more of a Crazy Pool

behind the scenes it utilises Box2D for the collision.. needs fixing though as sometimes the replay isnt a true reply ;-)

Rich

MikeHart

Administrator
That is really a cool cencept you have there. Would love to see it finished!

Rich

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
3rd Party Tool Dev
The movement of the ball is controlled by Box2D framework. I'm just applying a force to the white ball. The physics engine then takes over and delivers everything for me ;-)

Rich

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
3rd Party Tool Dev
dunno at the mo. the answer is at home.

I have then wrapped that module into my Sprite module to allow forces to be applied to graphical objects, which makes some of this stuff really easy now.

Maybe an asteroids next

Gerry Quinn

Tutorial Author
If you want accuracy (topspin etc), I suspect you'll have to go to custom physics. But it depends on the style of game you are making. Just be aware that there are pool games out there that do have the topspin and such.

Top Bottom