• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

DevLog Team DevLog Phil7- Update 2022/03/12

Phil7

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Tool Dev
This is my first DevLog ever. So let's see how it goes...

Besides looking into the render layer candidate Sokol and wrapping my head around C99 versus C++11 to see how it could be implemented, I am working on the documentation of Cerberus X.

Edit: Here is a link to the current state of the new Docs. It is still a mess, but it is getting better...

This is what I have so far:
- New Strukture of the Home page of the docs
- New order and grouping of the language reference (LangRef), divided into seperate pages
- Added some examples to the LangRef
- Added some introduction content for each chapter of the LangRef
- Implementing all information from the keyword pages into LangRef to avoid redundance
- Created some of the subpages of Home with their basic structure

1593250088745.png

My plans for the next weeks are:
- Finish structure of all subpages
- Implement all existing content somewhere into the new docs structure
- Optimize LangRef content with simpler vocabulary and more examples

Last edited:
Hey,
it's been some time since my first post and I completely overestimated my free time this year, but here is some insight to my progess with the documentation:

I swapped back and forth between different approaches of the overall structure, but now I am pretty happy with it.
The main thing is that I now have all information that are for daily use in the main menu, while everything for special occasions is placed directly on the home page.

1615209896731.png

1615210046000.png

As you can see, most of the content is still not there or in early draft state.
I added a link to the first post to give you an impression of the current state of the new docs.

I am still working on it and I just wanted to let you know about it. At the moment I manage to work at least a few minutes on it at the evening and I hope can keep on doing so.

Bye,

Phil

Like I said, it looks great so far. Keep up the great job!

I've seen that my last post is pretty much one year old, so devlogging is not a strength of mine. The new docs are also still under construction.

Meanwhile @MikeHart , @Martin and me have been working on new features for Cerberus X:
  • Metal support (the new native rendering api for macOS and iOS) is on its way using the metalAngle framework. Mojo2 examples are already running on iOS simulator with promising performance.
  • I am working on an extension of mojo2 (working name: mojo2simple), that enables you to write code similar to old mojo code without the need for the creation or the flush call of a canvas. My hope is to make example code for mojo2 shorter and easier to understand. It could also help when upgrading a game from mojo to mojo2.
1647098026169.png

Back
Top Bottom