• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Which toy are you treating yourself for XMas?

MikeHart

Administrator
It is the time of the year again. Are you getting something for yourself this year? Something to play with?

My plans are to get myself one more maybe two the following things:
  • RaspBerry Pi 400
  • XBox One Series S
  • A Midi Keyboard, maybe the AKAI Professional MPK mini mk3
  • New mobile as my screen is majorly cracked, maybe the Samsung A51.
  • tba
My wife is insisting on getting a new 2.1 channel hifi stereo amp with a new CD-Player too. So I can play my old 33" records again. As speakers would add to the cost already, I was watching a lot of DIY videos about building your own. Quite tempting, especially flat panel speakers driven by sound exciters.

And you?

RaspBerry Pi 400 is on my list too but I would like to wait for a black/grey edition I think it was told to come later.
Also considering to jump in and pre-order a ZX Spectrum Next The production start in January 2021 they won't sell any more after the production begin, they produce only that many as many pre-orders they get. So it is now or never (2022 maybe).

The production start in January 2021 they won't sell any more after the production begin, they produce only that many as many pre-orders they get.
What boggles me is that you pay now and have to wait till at least August 2021. That is enough time to file bankruptcy and not deliver the product. For 300 € and more I will pass on this.

file bankruptcy and not deliver the product.

Yes this is what I am worry about too, also what if the hardware fail they won't be able to offer a replacement not sure about any repair service also but they did deliver the first time and seems like a pretty good hardware to play with. I agree it is a valid concern. But also it is pretty much the only chance to get one after you may have to wait 2 years if they ever do this again. Also it was designed by the original designer of the Spectrum who passed away so there won't be any more "original" design, it is the very last. If you decide to sell one day to a collector maybe it could be important to push the price up. I've seen people selling this on eBay after the first shipment for 2x the original price.

I put in for the Kickstarter; I have reasonable faith they'll deliver.

As for Christmas treats, I honestly have no idea. I'm not really a 'stuff' guy, though maybe I might go really crazy and replace the hybrid HDD/SSD in my laptop with a big new SSD.

My main problem is just not getting time to do fun stuff - this year really screwed up the work/life balance as everyone rushed online to do online learning (my professional area)

Back
Top Bottom