• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Why is GLFW Angle on Windows depreciated?

grant

CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Why is GLFW Angle on Windows depreciated? I looked around in some places, but can't find a statement on why it is now depreciated. I was considering using it, because I'm not sure how common it is for Windows computers to not have OpenGL capabilities. I only have a few computers and VMs with Windows to test on. So far I have 1 laptop and 2 VMs that can't run the games. I have 1 desktop, 1 tablet, and 1 VM that can run the games.

Last edited:
The angle version was quite old. But I got a recent version build and need a bit more testing to make it a regular one again. It will come back.
You can move the current one out of the folder.

What kind of computers can't run OpenGL?! Unless you're using mojo2 (which uses shaders) OpenGL1/mojo1 should run even on Windows 98...

I think I'm just going to distribute the non-Angle build, state it requires OpenGL ES 2, and have a link to Mesa3D for if the player's computer is too old like my ragtag collection of computers are.

I hope to use MiniB3D which also seems to have a lower OpenGL version requirement.

The Angle target should work with mojo2 and vortex. mojo and minib3d won't work with it naturally as they use OpenGL.
But I tried myself and I see the problem. It copies the files in a release and a release32 folder. My fault as when I added 64bit compilation to the MSVC solution, I didn't change that in the angle solution. Needs to be fixed. Currently you have to merge the 2 folders manually.

Back
Top Bottom