• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Can't build for desktop...

Amon

This is the error message. I've tried various versions of MinGW but each throws the same or similar error.

Oh, greetings all. :)

Code:
Makefile:56: recipe for target 'build/Debug64/context.o' failed
mingw32-make: *** [build/Debug64/context.o] Error 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m64  -O0" LDOPTS=" -m64  -LG:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug64/CerberusGame"', return code=2
Abnormal program termination.
Exit code: -1

Hi, Mike. Thanks for helping.

I have already tries that and it spits out the following:

Code:
G:\Cerberus\\Bin\transcc_winnt.exe -run -config=debug -target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3)   "G:/CerberusXProjects/Graviton/graviton.cxs"
TRANS cerberus compiler V2018-08-10
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Failed to copy openal32 to G:\CerberusXProjects\Graviton\graviton.buildv2018-08-10\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug32
Failed to copy libcurl to G:\CerberusXProjects\Graviton\graviton.buildv2018-08-10\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug32
Failed to copy libcrypto-1_1-x64 to G:\CerberusXProjects\Graviton\graviton.buildv2018-08-10\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug32
Failed to copy libssl-1_1-x64 to G:\CerberusXProjects\Graviton\graviton.buildv2018-08-10\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug32
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/context.o ../glfw3/src/context.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/egl_context.o ../glfw3/src/egl_context.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/init.o ../glfw3/src/init.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/input.o ../glfw3/src/input.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/monitor.o ../glfw3/src/monitor.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/osmesa_context.o ../glfw3/src/osmesa_context.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/vulkan.o ../glfw3/src/vulkan.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/wgl_context.o ../glfw3/src/wgl_context.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/win32_init.o ../glfw3/src/win32_init.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/win32_joystick.o ../glfw3/src/win32_joystick.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/win32_monitor.o ../glfw3/src/win32_monitor.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/win32_time.o ../glfw3/src/win32_time.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/win32_thread.o ../glfw3/src/win32_thread.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/win32_window.o ../glfw3/src/win32_window.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/window.o ../glfw3/src/window.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/stb_vorbis.o ../stb/stb_vorbis.c
gcc  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/stb_image.o ../stb/stb_image.c
g++  -m32  -O0 -Wno-free-nonheap-object -I../curl/include -I../glfw3/include -I../glfw3/src -I../openal/include -I../stb -I../zlib-1.2.8 -I../lpng1610 -c -o build/Debug32/main.o ../main.cpp
g++ -m32  -LG:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win32 -Wl,--subsystem,windows -o Debug32/CerberusGame build/Debug32/context.o build/Debug32/egl_context.o build/Debug32/init.o build/Debug32/input.o build/Debug32/monitor.o build/Debug32/osmesa_context.o build/Debug32/vulkan.o build/Debug32/wgl_context.o build/Debug32/win32_init.o build/Debug32/win32_joystick.o build/Debug32/win32_monitor.o build/Debug32/win32_time.o build/Debug32/win32_thread.o build/Debug32/win32_window.o build/Debug32/window.o build/Debug32/stb_vorbis.o build/Debug32/stb_image.o build/Debug32/main.o -lcomdlg32 -lgdi32 -lopengl32 -lopenal32 -lws2_32
G:/tdm-gcc-64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/4.9.2/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lopenal32
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:53: recipe for target 'Debug32/CerberusGame' failed
mingw32-make: *** [Debug32/CerberusGame] Error 1
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'mingw32-make CCOPTS=" -m32  -O0" LDOPTS=" -m32  -LG:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win32" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug32/CerberusGame"', return code=2

Which version of Cerberus?
Also not that G:/Cerberus/Bin/ should be /Cerberus/bin
Also note that using Jungle IDE the paths to MinGW binaries need to be in lower case.

I'm using the latest github version of cerberus.

I noticed that -LG:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64"

as you say points to Bin instead of bin. Where do I edit this to change it to lowercase?

I'm using the latest github version of cerberus.

I noticed that -LG:/Cerberus/Bin/transcc_winnt.exlibs/Win64"

as you say points to Bin instead of bin. Where do I edit this to change it to lowercase?

Here :

bin.png

Hi
On saturday morning I was compiling some code for maybe the 10th time in a row using GCC when suddenly it just stopped working.

Failed to copy libcrypto-1_1-x64 to C:\Users\Pierre\Google Drive\MonkeyDO\monkeydo.buildv2018-12-30\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug32
Failed to copy libssl-1_1-x64 to C:\Users\Pierre\Google Drive\MonkeyDO\monkeydo.buildv2018-12-30\glfw3\gcc_winnt\Debug32
'make' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes.
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'make CCOPTS=" -m32 -O0" LDOPTS=" -m32 -LC:/cerberus-v2018-12-30/libs/Win32" LIBOPTS=" -lopenal32" OUT="Debug32/CerberusGame"', return code=1

I can't compile anything using GCC, 32 or 64, while MSVC is OK.
It looks like a very basic problem but I really can't figure it out for now. I don't think I've made any change anywhere except in my code between two compilings...

Any idea? Thanks !!

Did you try renaming or deleting the build folder to have a fresh build?
One thing I noticed is, that you have a space in your path in Google__Drive. I had an issue with that once.
What did you try to solve it so far?

Thanks Phil7. I can't compile anywhere neither on my Google Drive or anywhere else. It was working the minute before. I've tried changing 32/64 bit, checked Compiler/... paths in the Prefs. The critical part is
" 'make' n'est pas reconnu en tant que commande interne
ou externe, un programme ex‚cutable ou un fichier de commandes."
but I don't know what to do with it...

I am really no expert on this, but as make is part of the tdm or mingw package you are using. I would reinstall that.
But first I would take a fresh download cerberus and try that. Also check config.winnt.txt in bin folder, if the MINGW_PATH is correct

Ok sorry/thanks guys!! I just installed GCC and I can compile again. Should have tried it before asking. Still wondering what happened but I'm glad everything is working again! Thanks again!

That's good. I think it is important to have those kind of threads on the forum, because being alone with those issues when installing/starting with cerberus can stop a beginner before he even begins using CX.

Back
Top Bottom