A Chiptune Musictracker

RobertK

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Hi,

just posting my Oldskool Tracker creation here. For people who don't know what that is: That is a Music Score Editor (in a simple way) which can handle 4 Channels at once. It is sounding like from the old 8-Bit Aera with simple basic waveforms. It has Saw, Triangle, PWM Pulse, Noise as tone sources.

A Playerclass for Cerberus-X is also available.

There is another Game-Project, finished aswell.

Cheers

Rob Hewitt

Possibly a silly question but does it work for android building? My games are larger than they could be as I use mp3.

RobertK

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
oh thanx Mike :)

i have not tried it for Android, only for Linux, Windows and Html5 in all cases it is ok.

MikeHart

Administrator
Damn, GPL license. Means if someone wants to use that in their game, they have to release the source of their game. But it sounds great and the 32 bit version works great. The 64bit version quickly shows its screen and then closes without and error dialog showing up.

EDIT. Is it GPL or LGPL? The license file states LGPL and in the source code of the player module, it states GPL. Please clarify.

Edit2: When I try to move the window by dragging it inside the titlebar, it closes down too.

Last edited:

RobertK

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Hi,

it is fixed now and the license is set to LGPL. Please copy all files to your working directory.

Rob Hewitt

Had a quick go at the editor, the 64 bit version flashes up then closes but the 32 bit version works.

They Y key plays the note that should be at Z and vice versa? Also 1, 4, K, L and 8 play the same note at Y currently.

But it's fab, I'll see if it works on Android on the weekend.

RobertK

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Had a quick go at the editor, the 64 bit version flashes up then closes but the 32 bit version works.

They Y key plays the note that should be at Z and vice versa? Also 1, 4, K, L and 8 play the same note at Y currently.

But it's fab, I'll see if it works on Android on the weekend.
The shutoff was because a PNG File was missing, but that is fixed and is working well.
For US Keyboard just click in the GUI on LAYOUT.

magic

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
last time I try it open and then quit. Will try again with your latest update soon. The music in the video sound really GREAT tho. Retro midi sound.. love it.

Top Bottom