• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Showcase A Chiptune Musictracker

RobertK

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Hi,

just posting my Oldskool Tracker creation here. For people who don't know what that is: That is a Music Score Editor (in a simple way) which can handle 4 Channels at once. It is sounding like from the old 8-Bit Aera with simple basic waveforms. It has Saw, Triangle, PWM Pulse, Noise as tone sources.

A Playerclass for Cerberus-X is also available.

There is another Game-Project, finished aswell.

Cheers

Possibly a silly question but does it work for android building? My games are larger than they could be as I use mp3.

oh thanx Mike :)

i have not tried it for Android, only for Linux, Windows and Html5 in all cases it is ok.

Damn, GPL license. Means if someone wants to use that in their game, they have to release the source of their game. But it sounds great and the 32 bit version works great. The 64bit version quickly shows its screen and then closes without and error dialog showing up.

EDIT. Is it GPL or LGPL? The license file states LGPL and in the source code of the player module, it states GPL. Please clarify.

Edit2: When I try to move the window by dragging it inside the titlebar, it closes down too.

Last edited:
Hi,

it is fixed now and the license is set to LGPL. Please copy all files to your working directory.

Had a quick go at the editor, the 64 bit version flashes up then closes but the 32 bit version works.

They Y key plays the note that should be at Z and vice versa? Also 1, 4, K, L and 8 play the same note at Y currently.

But it's fab, I'll see if it works on Android on the weekend.

Had a quick go at the editor, the 64 bit version flashes up then closes but the 32 bit version works.

They Y key plays the note that should be at Z and vice versa? Also 1, 4, K, L and 8 play the same note at Y currently.

But it's fab, I'll see if it works on Android on the weekend.

The shutoff was because a PNG File was missing, but that is fixed and is working well.
For US Keyboard just click in the GUI on LAYOUT.

last time I try it open and then quit. Will try again with your latest update soon. The music in the video sound really GREAT tho. Retro midi sound.. love it.

Just wanna add to the thread that this works splendidly on Linux (latest Parrot Security OS 11.4).

Rocksteady timing! I'm impressed.

RobertK Just want ot say amazing work you did there, is the .dat files totally custom or are there converters?
I would like to find a way to get the famous OceanLoader3 SID and some other SID's into it. I'm also looking at making something akin towards a SID player atm.

I'm using this text that explains Hubbards main play routine as one of the references :

hi Jimmy,

I'm glad that you like my stuff. So, the .dat Files are completely custom data, from the Tracker. The entire thing is very different to a SID.
But i have partly ported a AY-3-8910 Player to Cerberus which is much easier to reproduce. Maybe, i'll post the code here in a Thread, so anybody can develop it further or so :)

Thanks for responding! I understand that SID would be a much different beast but your code here proved the important point that it's all possible. I'm thinking of building a Integer-based ackumulator Oscillator just like the hardware itself, the filter part might be harder to do.

AY-3-8910 is a favorite of mine so any code would be much appriciated!

Soon the only thing missing in Cerberus-X will be MIDI In/Out 🙂

Back
Top Bottom