• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Admob Not Showing Ads

hsretrogames

Hello,
I've been doing app updates and Admob Banners are black and Interstitial ads don't show at all.
There doesn't seem to be any code or compiler errors. I have GooglePlayServices installed in SDK manager - Which If I remember correctly, that's all you need right?

Anyone else encountered this problem recently? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks for looking in to it @MikeHart. I remember a couple years ago (in MonkeyX) when we had to update the admob modules when admob upped their minimum requirements to I think 7.0 - my memory fails me on this. But the interstitials had issues then too - Admob banners worked after Marks team's updates. If i remember right it was a possible threading issue with the interstitials and we had to use MonkeyX v87b with a swapped file from V87a (I think) - Sending build output v87a. I just don't remember the name of the file. Also the admob and interstitial modules where separate not in a single module (which shouldn't matter in this case) - as the interstitial module was done by someone else i believe - Steve Revill (TheRevills?) and Shane Woolcock.
Nonetheless, neither are working now so maybe missing files or a possible threading issue again? Just a thought ...

Last edited:
Maybe I'll backup the new modules and try compiling with the old ones from MonkeyXPro87b.

**Edit/Update**
I noticed the GoogleAdmobSDK ( \GoogleMobileAdsSdkiOS-7.11.0 and \GoogleAdMobAdsSdkiOS-6.8.0) folders aren't in the modules\brl\native folder in CX as they were in MX v87a or b). Unless the compiler is using them from somewhere else? Perhaps they should be added to CX to use the SDK in it's builds? This one \GoogleAdMobAdsSdkiOS-6.8.0 being the old one and is not used anymore.

IDK... maybe CX isn't using the SDK ...

Last edited:
From the README.TXT in Cerberus\modules\brl
To use the admob module, you will need to add the appropriate GoogleAdModAdsSdk to the native directory.

I think they have to be there and you do have to copy them manually.

For Android too? I thought it was just ios. Cause on Android the project builds.

Honestly I don't know. But someone has put that note inside that readme inside that folder. And it clearly says GoogleAdModAdsSdk - I'm 99% certain this ain't fo iOS ≖_≖

It is for IOS I think. The Google AdMob SDK is installed with Android Studio.

Btw @Holzchopf . Could you test the admob example in the mojo1/mak folder with the current version CX to see if you get a test ad?

Last edited:
I will. Could take a few days until I "can" do that (find the time for it). If I should have forgotten to report on that till Friday afternoon, feel free to remind me again ;-)

The admob module in MX targeted android and ios. The intertstitial module was seperate and for android target only - that i know for sure. Iooked at the modules its the same code, they've been merged together. Placing tthe SDK folder in the native folder does nothing in CX. I'm 100% sure it was there in MX. Probably because MX used ANT for the builds and not Android Studio.

Ok I got it working after several unsuccessful tries. The only changes I did was targeting SDK and tools version 28.

Maybe a glitch in Android/google over the last days? I dunno o_O

These where the changes I did in the targets config file:

Code:
#ANDROID_MIN_SDK_VERSION="26"
#ANDROID_TARGET_SDK_VERSION="28"
#ANDROID_BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION="28.0.1"

Last edited:
Excellent! Oh ok, looks all I need to change is the min version. Mine is set to 14 the rest is the same. I'll try a build after work today. Thanks @MikeHart!. Man, why didn't I think of trying that!

Oh cool! This means you don't need me to run the example, right? That's good =)

Still not working for me - Grrr. I did notice this in the console while the game was running:
10-01 20:54:26.554 22324 22491 E GooglePlayServicesUtil: The Google Play services resources were not found. Check your project configuration to ensure that the resources are included.
Something on my end must be missing still.

min target = 26 is a requirement now on Google Play, it won't accept any game without this.

I'm still on old monkey, with the old build tools (not graddle/android studio) - and for it to work I had to copy to the target dir "google-play-services_lib" and "google-play-services-basement_lib", otherwise in older android targets the game wouldn't run.

Don't know if this helps in any way, but who knows :)

One thing that always bothered me about the admob lib: on iOS the app doesn't pause when the interstitial ad is shown, which is very annoying.

On Android, it works like a charm.

Never got to figure out why this happens :/

@SLotman yeah I remember having to do that in MX as well. That's the files I was trying to remember. Now I'm using CX and Android Studio so I'm having a different issue.
@MikeHart what min build tools do you have installed? I believe I'm using 26.0.0. I noticed others in The SDK manager.

Back
Top Bottom