• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Android q.

I was actually thinking of trying to keep a android-only version temporary just to keep thingseasier and get a better overview and expriment, and if there's and findings it might be very easy to import them to the main branch.

I don't have the time to do it right now but it hopefully it already works good enough (and the most import reason is that I've been working on thigns for a long time but now I'm in a rush to get a product out and I think the quality will be technically high enough.

Some insiders insights.. for the ones who wants to know how to optimize for Android :

So anyways, I was wrong when I said that managed images was slow, they have no cost at all or at least it's not worth mentioning in big quantities even. The cost lays only in Flushing them because it uses the dreaded readpixels.

Changing readpixels into reinit-FBO or a shader would be more interesting than using Androids own flags and stadnard ways to preserve graphics. they are all slow and not even compatible with all devices. So those changes are a few things that I will experiment with. PBO will not give the boost either, not on a scale that makes it worth it.

I can also confirm that the 256x256 texture size is actually all about Android's implementation of readpixels.
The cost of reading goes up insanely on some devices around there. It's not linearly at all. So
This also means that if you want to read pixels of a canvas for some reason It's much better to first to draw what you want to read from a big canvas (it's practically zero cost even if its big) into a small canvas and read from that.

For such a special case like yours I would go either with a custom CX solution or maybe move to tool that fits your needs.
Mike, I think it works with Cerberus as it is. I need to do some more calculations to be 100% sure but what I've seen so far is really good. I might write a blog about things later if anyone is interested.

What I'm doing right now is to get a feeling of what can be done exactly and build a mini-engine around eveything, first, to use for myself first to prove a point and to make my development easier later on.

This was the last problem I hope. Now I'm gonna restructure and rewrite the "engine" and start for real.

Back
Top Bottom