Bug App crashes in Glfw 32Bit Release Mode

Phil7

It crashes if you leftclick on the upper window bar with a memory access violation error if you start it from cerberus.
the window gets to the background and then it freezes.

Crazy enough it just works fine in 32Bit debug mode and in 64Bit mode (both release and debug).

I am on Windows10 and targeting Glfw3 with minGW (same as in desktop tutorial) . Couldn't test it with MSVC
I tried the matchup example from devolonter and some more. All the same.

For easy testing paste this into source:

#GLFW_GCC_MSIZE_WINNT="32"
#GLFW_USE_MINGW=True

Phil7

Yes, like in the desktop tutorial described. The option I chose when installing says it compiles to 32 and 64 bit exes.

What do you mean by perchance? On purpose or if I can try an other minGW?

dawlane

CX Code Contributor
What do you mean by perchance?
by some chance, perhaps.

I shall take you back to this that you post in June last year.

Edit: MSVC will produce 32bit executables.

MINGW has issues with sjlj exception on 64bit versions of Windows 10.

Phil7

Aaaah. :eek:I am getting old, completely forgot about this.
In the meantime I was toying around with different installations and MSVC. So no solution for 32bit with minGW?
To keep me from posting the same stuff again in six month, we should maybe update the desktop tutorial with these restrictions!?

Phil7

@dawlane and @MikeHart I tried dawlanes preview for some time and the only reason I got back to the official build was that I couldn't build for android. Are there any steps planed or timeframe estimated when or if it gets into the official release?

MikeHart

Administrator
Staff member
@dawlane and @MikeHart I tried dawlanes preview for some time and the only reason I got back to the official build was that I couldn't build for android. Are there any steps planed or timeframe estimated when or if it gets into the official release?
Regarding TED, I am rewriting it atm. So dawlanes TED, I can't tell you what he wants to do with it.

The rest, for the official distribution there is a way. Dawlane just needs to make sure his stuff works and then do a pull request. Anyway, Cx is kinda in transition, as I have plans to rework the tool chain. It will take some months for sure.

Phil7

dawlanes TED, I can't tell
I was not talking about ted, should have made that clear. Instead the changes he did to the building system (libraries, folder structure, makefile)
here.
Reading through this once more ... what was the reason, we are keeping minGW as a second option and not switch completely to MSVC?

Regarding TED I definitely think dawlane can implement his changes if necessary when you have a solid base together with your new one.
But maybe it is a good idea to implement dawlane changes to trans etc. before TED gets to big to easily restructure stuff.
As allways, just my two cents

MikeHart

Administrator
Staff member
@Phil7 Thanks for the link. Very good documentation and also very informative. I asked once if @dawlane would like to join the official team but he didn't wanted to. His fork is steps ahead, that is for sure. As a matter of fact I think he would be the best to bring CX further. I have sometimes a hard time to understand him but maybe it is a language barrier. If he would like to take over, I would be more than happy to step aside. I could concentrate on my own stuff then. :)

Top Bottom