Appodeal module

Rich

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
v1.0.1 just been released with a slight markdown change to readme

Leonid64

Hey.
I checked the AppOdeal module with my application. Everything works great. Good job! But there is one wish. AndroidManifest.xml has too many different permissions. Is it possible to somehow edit them to leave only the minimum necessary:
<uses-permission android: name = "android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android: name = "android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" />
I have not succeeded yet.

Phil7

Did you try editing the AndroidManifest.xml in the android\gradletemplate\app\src\main folder? If I remember correctly, this file is the one that is used as the template. AFAIK There you can delete all permissions and still have an uploadable app.
The other thing is that the appodeal module itself adds a bunch of permissions like this:

Cerberus X:
#ANDROID_MANIFEST_MAIN+="
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.INTERNET~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.VIBRATE~q />
        <uses-permission android:name=~qandroid.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES~q/>"
I don't know if they are all mandatory for an app using apodeal.

Rich

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
I think I may have gone OTT with some of the permissions in appodeal.cxs. some of them are optional, but a lot are required by default.
I'm having a little break for the next 2 weeks, but will look at this again in the new year. I'm also looking at making the integration a lot easier

Leonid64

With permissions, everything worked out. I was able to remove all unnecessary permissions using Apktool. Everything works without problems. When there were all permissions, the application was not accepted on Amazon. Now everything is fine.
Now faced with another problem.
Unable to hide banner. I think that it will be useful if you need to show the banner not constantly.

Rich

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
I'm sure I've already done a hide, but not exposed it. I'll get it ready for next release after the new year
Very surprised and intrigued you had to remove some permissions for release
Which permissions please?

Leonid64

I left it:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.VIBRATE"/>

it deleted:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.android.alarm.permission.SET_ALARM"/>
<uses-permission android:name="com.google.android.finsky.permission.BIND_GET_INSTALL_REFERRER_SERVICE"/>

I don’t know which one created problems when publishing to Amazon. But after removing them, the application was accepted.

Top Bottom