• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Are you fine with a forum change?

my favourites from this list
GameViper
Gameboard
Gamegen(erator)
Gameauthor
Gameinventor

Animals I like somehow:
Eagle
Hawk
Octopus
Raven

Some more suggestions?

Some more thoughts...
GameX - probably already gone
Xcreate
Xdev
GameDevPro
GameDevX
DevX
Delta
Swan
SpecfiX - suggested by my son

It's a cross-platform game programming language rather than a studio, engine, framework or library.
This is quite key for me. This is what makes me like CX

I don't like 'Slick' at all as it has negative connotations ("he's too slick", "it's too slick")
Also if Slick was used, IMO CX would need to be a lot smoother. Its great for dev, but theres a whole lot afer like app stores, uploading, and cerificates that would need to be made "slicker" if it was to use somehting like Slick

We could also turn to our gods..

Helios (The sun god, and also the god of molten metals, vulcanos, and modern graphic standards)

Typhon (a.k.a. Typhaon, Typhoeus, Typhus) God of monsters, storms, and volcanoes. Challenged Zeus for control of Mount Olympus.

Funtain - Fun and easy to maintain and yes it spreads all over the place you just have to pump some water.

Gemation (because GEMA was occupied by evilness)

XFit

Maelstrom

Mecash (keeping the tradition of Mon(k)ey X)

Apparatus

Bliss (I just like the name)

KeyMon "Funny, Talkative, layed back. A good friend and a good lover. He is sexy and chill and is also shy but doesn't like when people get in his face"

I quickly read through this list of programming languages. Before that I thought I came up with some stupid suggerstions...
slip, Zsh, Yoix, Alf ...
And they missed the r in Unicorn language. :p

Every name seem to be already in use by at least 10 products and 100 services.
Here are my few last attempts. This is certainly not an easy task.

Claycode / Clay
Silk
Nur "light"
BohemianX

Don't let this impression stop your creativity!
If it is not really software related or a big company owning the name, it could still be used.

Maybe code could be part of the name...
gamecode
vervecode
actioncode
ignitioncode
zealcode
vigorcode
codevigor
codabilly
codability
soulcode
dashcode
ardorcode
fervorcode
ambitionX
ambitiousX
briskcode
sprycode
codaring
performX
solidX
breezecode

I was playing with synonyms from here.

Last edited:
gpicx - Game Programming Inherited Cerberus X
gpicx - Game Programming Includes Codex
gpicx - Game Programming Iteration 110 (CX)

gpicx.com is available

Extension .gpx

Pronounced: (letter) g - Picks

Only reference I could find is some NASDAQ Stock Fund with the same acronym.

I think i will skim from the suggestions again and create a poll soon.

gamepicx - url also available.

Yes, sort of, a game is almost an app that processes images, it is a stretch. Whatever you do, make sure the url is available, One more for the road with a German slant:

gamesuche.com - url available

Gute Nacht und viel Glück bei der Suche nach dem perfekten Spielnamen.

Construx
BundleX
Aurora

ReX
HeliX
SimpleX
SyntaX
ClimaX
RefleX
RelaX
MiiX

FlowX
ParallaX
MinimaX
GalaX
Wiz
Glint
NeoCode

EDIT

Rad
Accio (Harry Potter charm that allows the caster to summon an object)
Yedi
JediX
Wizard
Troubadour
Scriptoria
MagnaCarta (This document stipulated the relationship between the king and the lower level)
Fief (This term was used to describe an estate that would range between a few acres to many acres)

Last edited:
Aurora is a c compiler created by the most despicable dev i had to deal with. Never i would use that name.

Construx is to close to Scirra's Construct.

Parralax is a popular cpu used for coding.

And i can go on.

But thank you all for your suggestions.

I like Rich's spuns with Spel, especially spelBook because CX is a programming language so kinda works like a spell book.
Makutu sounds good too.

From Mike's original suggestions, I thought Yama (like in Fuji Yama) sounded as simple, stable and powerful as CX is.

Change a letter and you get Gama, which doesn't mean a thing but brings "game" to mind, also evokes gamma rays passing through matter like TRANS goes through code. It also looks a bit like some nice sanskrit names like Rāma (hindu god) and kāma (which more or less means desire)

Qrystal
Mango
Autus (increase, enlargement, growth)

Quibow (Northern Scotland; branch of a tree)

Quickstick (Victorian slang for "right away", "without delay")

Forma (meaning form, shape, beauty)

Bole (the trunk of a tree)
Stem (the same, the trunk of a tree)

StemX

The last one reminds you of Steam maybe a little bit too much but I kept it anyway.

Last edited:
So many great suggestions :)

I might have a last version go GAMA btw.

GAMA-X (with a hypen)

Gamma rays : originate from the settling process of an excited nucleus of a radionuclide after it undergoes radioactive decay.
X-rays : are produced when electrons strike a target or when electrons rearrange within an atom.

GAMA-X being the strong combination! it's produced when game-programmers strike cross-platform targets with an Indie excited mindset.

EDIT

GEMA I meant of course, not GAMA

GEMA-X

Back
Top Bottom