• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Are you fine with a forum change?

I just flew over the thread and didn't read carefully. But I read Spellbook somewhere and I like that I would also like Unicorn but that's close to Unicon which itself originates its name from unicorn, so I guess that's out...

Spellbook could be to generic, but Spellbook-X would be fine and domains are available.

@MikeHart How many names can you put in for a poll?
I think the first poll should just aim at finding out, what kind of names are preferred without thinking to much about, if they are allready in use.
After that we can check if there is a possibility to use them and otherwise look further for something similar.
Because otherwise, if we settle for names that are available for sure, we are starting out with a poor compromise in the first place.

I could make a list of all the suggested names so far, if that helps. Maybe with a short description like:
CerberusX (Threeheaded dog guarding Hades)

We could make 2 polls at the same time and in each one, every member gets 3 votes. But 20 names to choose from is A LOT! At the end, It needs to be something I am fond of aka can connect with. Will see, I will pick my prefered choices from these suggestions and see how many entries we need. Are you fine with that?

Ok, I am fine with you choosing from a bunch of suggestions, but I think it is to early for a final vote. I have the feeling that the right name is not there yet and I don't want to stop anyone from making new suggestions. Free brainstorming is over, that is fine.
I am also pretty convinced that good Ideas and decisions come over night, when we are not thinking about them at all. So give it some time.

What about having a deadline at next sunday around noon?
Until then we are trying to boil all suggestions down to about 20 names for @MikeHart to choose from.

I could come up with a list of all suggestions so far and then anyone who likes to participate can reply with his choice of around 5-10 items including new suggestions or variations of the existings ones.

My personal suggestions would be one of these

Bricius (bricius.com is free)
Slik-X (slik-x.com is free)
Gema-X (gema-x.com is free)
Kraft-X (kraft-x.com is free)

CX2 ?

'Game' based'...

Game Composer
Game Shaper
CX GameScript
Game Wizard

CX2 - obvious choice. i like it a lot

Even though I suggested it, SpelMaker or SpelBook sounds kid like in English. I immediately think Harry Potter (and yes, you are allowed to like Harry Potter as an adult)

Game Composer, Game Script, Game wizard (and others) sound like a plu and play construction kit which CX is not

Its a tough decision....
Its like we all have our own opinion and tastes ;-)

Paul, i sence you would like CX to stay?

For a version 2 a lot of things would need to happen. If people want, things can stay how it is. Like one stated already, a rebranding won't hurt. But i was surprised that Cerberus was a problem, like some mentioned.
Btw. SpelMaker is either completely Dutch or only the Spel part which means Game in english.

Phil7, no problem with waiting. That is what someone gets when asking. Many oppinions.

Paul, i sence you would like CX to stay?
For a version 2 a lot of things would need to happen.
I was thinking of a name change to 'CX2' rather than Cerberus X v2.0 ... if a name change is desired. So it would be the second incarnation of the website/forum and a name change, nothing would have to change in the Cerberus version.

Of course we need a rebrand. Okay let's pick something that just sounds nice.
In the style of Pico8. I'm out ideas for now but it ought to be something that makes you think happy thoughts.

So iPhone 13 or Windows 12 should be also ok? :p I think if a big company publishes a product under a certain name they allways have their lawyers prepared. They might, for example, just claim, that we are using CX as part of our name, because the ranking in SEO or misleading customers to think this is a successor to Microsoft CX.

Me thinks that we should give up on letters. Let's go with numbers only.

(for those who missed it, it's of course the great year that Planet of the apes takes place)

To make sure that people understand that it's modern and hip :

I-cannot-believe-this-is-not-my-old-BASIC-language-I-used-as-a-kid++

Let's make this happen!

Back
Top Bottom