• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Atom to Visual Studio Code

Wingnut

3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
Visual Studio Code is such a great editor and I want it to be my main and only editor but one small detail keeps me from going there.
It just happen to so that I love the inbuilt colour scheme that Atom uses for HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

I guess I'm just too lazy to remake the colour scheme but I have tried my best trying to find it online but I couldn't find anything that felt close enough.
Any ideas how to solve this?

Are you talking only about the colour codes (rgb values) or about how to implement that in VSC?

Maybe you can post a screenshot of what you are after. I had the impression that Atom themes are on this extensions page??

Sure. I'm talking about the default colouring that happens when you save a file in Atom as .html .css and .js. They all have the same suit of colours. Check our this one :

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 00.53.33.png

Last edited:
I don't get it, sorry. This screenshot is just vs code after installing Atom One Dark Theme
Maybe you could post the code example to do a side by side comparison!?

1590644194759.png

My god ya look at that! Okay now I finally get it. This was such a nice thing to learn!

Thanks alot, this old man needed a push in the right direction :cool:

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 13.54.08.png

Still not the exact same but.. close enough

Yes Atom One Dark is the one. I did a few tests with .html and .css too and so far those are 100% compatible. JavaScript I notice has a few differences but it's good enough for me to throw away Atom which makes me and my crowded computer happy.

Screenshot 2020-05-28 at 17.52.06.png

The plan is now to get to know VS Code well enough and build a slim IDE plugin for CX, eventually.

I wanted to focus on *one* IDE (there's too many of them today) and everyone here seem to love this one over Atom so I thought I'd give it a chance.

Back
Top Bottom