• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Best game framework for Cerberus X?

Sphinx

First, Hello everyone and greetings from Egypt :)

I do appreciate your help/replies to what the thread title says!

I am aware of FantomCX and Pyro
I think FantomCX is maintained and in development till now while Pyro is NOT, but I also think (correct me if I am wrong) Pyro has more features!

Regards

I'm using IgnitionX for my current project. It has some great features but I had to ask Tony Smits from Playniax for help many times because the syntax is sometimes complicated. It allowed me to do things I wouldn't have done without but it also sucks some of the fun out of coding. It is Mojo1 based. Pyro is powerful too and more straightforward, but it is Mojo2 only. Playniax moved to Monkey2 and are now using Unity so I think those frameworks are discontinued but I guess you still can ask for help or even bug fixes Tony did correct some bugs a few years ago when I was in trouble, he's very nice and very talented

There used to be another more lightweight engine called Diddy (for Mojo1 I think?)

FantomCX looks good but I never used it.

Thanks Pierrou for your reply.
It looks like you prefer Mojo1 over Mojo2, may I ask why?
I purchased Monkey X when it was first released but never touched it (well, Cerberus X) till a few days ago so please forgive my ignorant!
I am porting my old game Pharaohs Curse to it, I already ported it from the very old BlitzBasic to BlitzMax to amke it work on Windows, MacOS and Linux. I am now trying to port it to more platforms using Cerberus X.

Thanks Pierrou for your reply.
It looks like you prefer Mojo1 over Mojo2, may I ask why?
I purchased Monkey X when it was first released but never touched it (well, Cerberus X) till a few days ago so please forgive my ignorant!
I am porting my old game Pharaohs Curse to it, I already ported it from the very old BlitzBasic to BlitzMax to amke it work on Windows, MacOS and Linux. I am now trying to port it to more platforms using Cerberus X.
Mainly Windows XP compatibility, if I recall correctly, and I think it's easier to grasp, + I don't need lighting but I've been using Mojo2 in the past and I liked it too.

Welcome to the forums!

Same here. I am using ignitionX (mojo1), because when trying compiled windows apps on several badly maintained PCs (XP and Vista) mojo1 was the tool of choice that ran out of the box on nearly every device. And I even tried several other game making tools like GameMaker, Unity, Defold, GDevelop at that time.
antomCX is maintained and in development till now while Pyro is NOT, but I also think (correct me if I am wrong) Pyro has more features!
feature wise I can not see big differences, but that is just an impression. To me the main difference is that IgnitionX and Pyro is more modular compared to fantomX, i.e in the former you usualy extend classes like iLayerSprite that have build in methods for timer, collision etc. to build your game objects with the functionality you need.
In fantomX everything is controlled from within the engine class, where you have callback methods that are triggered by events like collisions, transitions etc. and in those callback methods you have access to the objects that triggered the events, so you can react accordingly.
But for fantomX/fantomCX @MikeHart is the person to ask.
If I was starting now, I would rather chose a framework, that is used widely and/or maintained at the moment.
BTW pyro seems much easier to maintain than ignitionX because later is a beast regarding the dependencies of the different modules in it.

First, Hello everyone and greetings from Egypt :)

I do appreciate your help/replies to what the thread title says!

I am aware of FantomCX and Pyro
I think FantomCX is maintained and in development till now while Pyro is NOT, but I also think (correct me if I am wrong) Pyro has more features!

Regards
Which features are these?

Back
Top Bottom