• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Can Cerberus-X run on Mac OS Catalina?

Difference

Mac OS Catalina is 64 only, so I don't think the current version of Cerberus X is compatiable.
Is there a version that will run on Catalina, or is there a way I can compile my old Cerberus IOS apps, so I can continue top support them?

Only the launcher is 32bit. In a few days i will release a new 64bit version. You should be able to run Ted directly already.

Last edited:
Do you happen to run a retina display?. If yes, on Desktop, do the examples use the whole window or just a portion of it?

I'm on a Mac Mini 2018, with a 1920 x 1080 monitor, I don't think thats "Retina"?

Trying to run desktop/ios build, I get a
"xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug', return code=256"

I'll update xcode and see what happens, or maybe it's just a path issue.

Last edited:
I installed the latest version of xcode, and ran these in a terminal:
xcode-select --install # Install Command Line Tools if you haven't already.
I dont know if thats even necessary , because then I did:
sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

I found these tips at the bottom of this thread: https://github.com/nodejs/node-gyp/issues/569

On the ios build i now get (building seems to work) :

Installing GerberusGame.app
An error was encountered processing the command (domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain, code=22):
Failed to install the requested application
The application's Info.plist does not contain CFBundleShortVersionString.
TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcrun simctl install booted "build/Debug-iphonesimulator/CerberusGame.app"', return code=5632
Ensure your bundle contains a CFBundleShortVersionString.
Done.

On Desktop i get a lot of green ok building messages and then

The following build commands failed:
CompileC /Applications/Cerberus/examples/mojo/skn3/tweening/tweendemo.buildv2018-08-10/glfw3/xcode/build/CerberusGame.build/Debug/CerberusGame.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/main.o /Applications/Cerberus/examples/mojo/skn3/tweening/tweendemo.buildv2018-08-10/glfw3/main.mm normal x86_64 objective-c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

and lastly:

TRANS FAILED: Error executing 'xcodebuild -configuration Debug', return code=16640
Done.

The following build commands failed:
CompileC /Applications/Cerberus/examples/mojo/skn3/tweening/tweendemo.buildv2018-08-10/glfw3/xcode/build/Cerberus......

That indicates that you are using an old version of CX. The latest is from 2019-05-05. I am not sure if that will help.
Like I said, I will update my OSX soon and will report back.

I updated to latest Cerberus-X , and desktop target now compiles and runs. :-D

CFBundleShortVersionString is still missing form the ios build, also when opening the project directly in xcode.

I have updated my OSX to Catalina. Desktop compiles but you see a lot of warning regarding OpenGL.
Ios complains about the simulator and does not compile.

Are you on the latest xcode? I upgradet to that, so maybe that’s why I’m limited to only the CFbundleShortVersionString issue on ios?

Are Mac Os issues and iOS CFbundleShortVersionString still an issue, or have they been solved?

I would like to update a current iOS app, but I,m unsure of the state of the different targets.

On the 14th of October I updated the OSX version of CX on itch.io. cerberus-v2019-10-13b.pkg
Should work now regarding the issues you posted above. At least XCode didn't complain anymore.

Success! It works perfectly, many thanks once again.

ASAP was a little longer than I expected, and some new errors appeared in the code, but was solved with Alias'ing some conflicting modules.

As an experiment, I also tried the "Mac" option in Xcode for a ios project (using catalyst ) but it won't compile because it's OpenGl ES.

Back
Top Bottom