• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Cerberus X app (ide) ?

D

Deleted member 535

H!

I was wondering if my old monkey code still works, and found this site ;)

There are no instructions anymore in git, how to build from source. So I downloaded the latest version yesterday.

I was trying to start/find the Cerberus X Ide Mac osx 10.14.6 but it only starts the old school Ted app.
In the bin directory there is a Ted app, but that launch the same old school Ted app.

Or is it wise to use the Visual Basic app, or do I miss something?

https://www.cerberus-x.com/cxDocs/Tools_Ted.html

Normally, you should not need to run Ted directly. Instead, use the Cerberus X app in the main Cerberus X directory which launches Ted for you

https://www.cerberus-x.com/cxDocs/Tools_Cerberus X.html

THE CERBERUS X APPLICATION
The Cerberus X app appears in the main directory of your Cerberus X installation and is used to launch Ted, the Cerberus X text editor/IDE found in the Cerberus X 'bin' directory.
When called with command line parameters, Cerberus X passes these parameters on to Ted.
On Windows, Cerberus X also updates itself in the Windows registry if it is a newer version than the version currently registered. In addition, if no registry key is found for the .cxs file extension, one is created and associated with Cerberus X.
On MacOS, Cerberus X starts a new instance of Ted if it is called with command line parameters.

Welcome! Currently TED is the offcial editor in CX. You can change its theme in the settings to a more appealing one. I use NIGHT all the time. That is mostly the one you saw on the site.
TED in CX compared to the MX version was enhanced in a few areas.
Monkey X files work but I would rename the file extension to cxs to have it consistant.

Ow that is windows only.
Will try visual studio ;)

Ted2go is the Editor of Monkey2. Cerberus X is the continuation of Monkey X which is not compatible with Monkey 2.

Monkey X ? damn I only have monkey2 file extension.
I'm confused now.

I think I made it with this some years ago: https://github.com/blitz-research/monkey2

Did mark made after monkey2 -> Monkey X but that does not exist anymore (did mark publish that? ) and you renamed it in Cerberus X.

What is the difference between monkey 2 and Monkey X ?

Is monkey X still a alternative 'script' language for C++ > with SDL for controlling the window/hardware things.

The timeline is this:

Mark developed Monkey
Monkey was rename to Monkey X
Mark developed Monkey 2
Mark closed the Monkey X website and made every piece of code of Monkey X available at the Github site under the zlib license.
Mark continues to develop Monkey 2
Martin and I decided to revive Monkey X under a new name and develop it further.... Cerberus X. Perfectly legal and allowed under the zlib license.

If you are looking for a M2 community, look on the M2 itch.io site. There is a user comment about a user forum.

I see, haha no wonder that I din't understand it.

No I know I was searching for monkey 2, and that cerberus-x is something else.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I see, haha no wonder that I din't understand it.

No I know I was searching for monkey 2, and that cerberus-x is something else.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problem. Glad the confusion was cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom