Cerberus-X Cheat sheet for newcomers

Jimmy

Tutorial Author
I just wanna give something back to the community and all the newcomers.

Here's a cheat sheet with the most commonly used commands.
We'll see where this goes but if anyone finds it useful, be my guest :)

CX.png

MikeHart

Administrator
Just some remarks about this cheat sheet for its targeted audience. It certainly it looks nice but seems to be ported from Monkey 2 and

with Cerberus X ....

1) there is no target to export for the Raspberry Pi platform, like the sheet suggests in its header graphics
2) there is no STRUCT , only INTERFACE and CLASS for data structures
3) Multiline comments are started with #Rem and ended with #End
3) The import in the example has to be written Import
4) the canvas class has to be referenced as Canvas
5) in general also have a look at th3 documentation as some commands above need params and the sheet sometimes states them and sometimes not.

Jimmy

Tutorial Author
1) I used a Pi version of Cereberus- X but I forgot it is a special thing (I thought it was in the works still. Now deleted.
2) STRUCT deleted'
3) Changed it!
4) Import is spelled Import already it's visible and I keep the retro font.
5) I know, this is meant to be a quick overshoot of what you might need the first week or so, just for starters.
I have added and deleted parameters many times over and over to try to find the balance, and when to provide templates and examples on the side instead.

This is just a quick change for the moment. I promise it will be much better but It WILL need more pages with parameters.
Hope you like it better

Cheers!

Screenshot 2020-10-19 at 19.17.30.png

MikeHart

Administrator
No problem. Do whatever you like.
used a Pi version of Cereberus- X but I forgot it is a special thing
Never heard about. S.A. from BRL was working on a Monkey X port at one time. If one existed for Monkey 2, idk. But for CX, I never heard about one.

Jimmy

Tutorial Author
I also added all Commodore BASIC commands for all the string commands inside the template, for those who want
to use older string comands. I think it makes for a nice transition into the Object oriented world.

Top Bottom