• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

News Cerberus X v2018-04-21 released

With AGK? No. TGC only provides MSVC compatible libs.
If you want to use mojo/mojo2 then you can use MingW.

Just to let you know guys, CX is now available for OSX again. I have concentrated on getting a release done, so no bug fixing for this platform in this release. But that will come soon.

You did a very good job with CX for AppGameKit! What does mean "for OSX". Is it AGK for OSX?

Thank you!

No, not for now. I had problems building a release of Cerberus X for OSX due to incompatible hardware and software.
So Cerberus X was lately available only for Windows. OSX and Linux was missing.

But now you can code on Windows and OSX again. Linux will hopefully follow in the near future.

The AGK Desktop target for OSX will come definitely, but it isn't functional in this OSX release.

Good news!!

One wishful feature of the far future: If Cerberus X could produce also the basic code of tier1 that would be very useful for testing on all devices.

One wishful feature of the far future: If Cerberus X could produce also the basic code of tier1 that would be very useful for testing on all devices.

Mmh, how would you translate the OOP parts of the CX code to AGKs Tier1 code?

Yes, you are right. Agk "OOP" Tier 2 code is in fact very flat and translates mostely pure C code. But what can we do if anybody writes High Level Cerberus Code, with real OOP? I didn't think about that. In theory every C++ code can be reduces to a von Neumann Architecture. But in the practice this may be difficult.

@MikeHart : I've had a spare bit of time to build a Linux version dated 2018-05-24.
Built on Linux Mint 18.3

As Ted complains about the use of override and final. You need to add CONFIG += C++11 to the ted.pro file before compiling.

@MikeHart : The only thing I wouldn't be able to check on Linux would be AGK as I don't own the current version.

@MikeHart : I've added a few tweaks to the rebuildall.sh file. You can now pass a parameter of either qt4, qt5 or the path to the bin directory to the Qt SDK kit you wish to use.

Code:
#Quick and nasty linux shell rebuild all
# You can pass either qt4 or qt5 or pass the path to the location of qmake

#Make transcc
echo "building transcc"
g++ -O3 -DNDEBUG -o ../bin/transcc_linux transcc/transcc.build/cpptool/main.cpp -lpthread

#Make makedocs
echo "building makedocs"
../bin/transcc_linux -target=C++_Tool -builddir=makedocs.build  -clean -config=release +CPP_GC_MODE=0 makedocs/makedocs.cxs
mv makedocs/makedocs.build/cpptool/main_linux ../bin/makedocs_linux
rm -rf makedocs/makedocs.build

#Make cserver
echo "building cserver"
../bin/transcc_linux "-target=Desktop_Game_(Glfw3)" -builddir=cserver.build -clean -config=release +CPP_GC_MODE=1 cserver/cserver.cxs
mv cserver/cserver.build/glfw3/gcc_linux/Release/CerberusGame ../bin/cserver_linux
mv cserver/cserver.build/glfw3/gcc_linux/Release/data ../bin/data
rm -rf cserver/cserver.build

#Make launcher
echo "building launcher"
../bin/transcc_linux -target=C++_Tool -builddir=launcher.build -clean -config=release +CPP_GC_MODE=0 launcher/launcher.cxs
mv launcher/launcher.build/cpptool/main_linux ../Cerberus
rm -rf launcher/launcher.build

#Make ted

function version { echo "$@" | gawk -F. '{ printf("%03d%03d%03d\n", $1,$2,$3); }'; }

echo "building ted"

rm -rf build-ted-Desktop-Release
mkdir build-ted-Desktop-Release
cd build-ted-Desktop-Release

if [ "$1" = "qt5" ] || [ "$1" = "qt4" ]; then
    if [ "$1" = "qt4" ]; then
        export QT_SELECT=qt4
    else
        export QT_SELECT=qt5
    fi
else
        export QTDIR=$1
        export PATH=$QTDIR:$PATH
fi

if [ qmake 2>/dev/null ];then
    QMAKE_VERSION=`qmake --version | sed -n 2p | awk '{ print $4 }'`
    echo "Current version of Qt is $QMAKE_VERSION."

if [ "$(version "$QMAKE_VERSION")" -gt "$(version "5.5.1")" ]; then
        echo "Ted requires a version of Qt with webkit. The last version to support it was Qt 5.5.1."
        exit 1
    fi
fi

qmake ../ted/ted.pro
make
cd ..
rm -rf build-ted-Desktop-Release

Awsome! Dawlane and Mike Hart, you are a wonderful team!
QT on Windows could be nice too! (MingW+QT5)

Back
Top Bottom