• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

News Cerberus X v2018-12-30 released!

MikeHart

Administrator
Hi folks,

here is again a new release of Cerberus X.

https://krautapps.itch.io/cerberus-x/devlog/61902/cerberus-x-v2018-12-30-released

The biggest changes this time are the refactoring of the MakeDocs tool and also the overwork of the documentation by Olivier Stucker. Then our user Dawlane has made modifications to TED, so it uses the QT5 webengine now and is compiled via QT 5.9.2.
Also of course included are some fixes and some rework of the mojo2 examples by our user Paul59.

Big thank you to all who was involved in this version.

These are the notes from the change log:

FIX: [AGK_IOS] Fixed AGK_IOS target showing up on non OSX platforms.
FIX: [ANDROID] Fixed MIN_SDK, TARGET and TOOLS version.
FIX: [brl.requesters] Fixed RequestFile not working with a set path.
FIX: [TED] Fixed selecting a help topic in the toolbar didn't show up the help file directly.
MOD: [example] Various changes to sample scripts (Author: Paul59)
FIX: [TED] Fixed "Open on Desktop" on Linux. (Author: Dawlane)
MOD: [TED] If text is selected in the editor, it will be pre set in the Find dialog.
MOD: [DOCS/MAKEDOCS] Numerous changes to the docs and MakeDocs itself.
FIX: [GLFW/GLFW-ANGLE] Fixed returning MouseZ resets MouseX and MouseY to zero.
MOD: [TED] Bigger changes so TED uses the QT5 webengine now and needs QT5.9.2 to compile. (Author: Dawlane)

I will keep the old versions up for now, as the move to QT 5.9.2 is a bigger one and I hope I didn't forget any dependencies for TED.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• Logo.png
    Logo.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 719
Last edited:
What an excellent way to end the year! Finally a reason to celebrate :D

I have uploaded the newest docs to the server and also resubmitted the OSX version as there was indeed a dependency problem. Hopefully fixed now.

Great work folks, I'm looking forward to the Linux version! :D

The fasted way for would be to grab the sources from GH and compile them yourself.
Yeah, not sure what the best route is to avoid confusion! I've got the previous version plus dawlane's version of Ted and a separate local working copy of my fork. I don't want to compile from the latter as I'll probably end up with loads of files that I'd have to track down and gitignore and I'm a total noob with git!

Does v2018-12-31 include all dawlane's changes?

If there are any OSX (10.14.x) users here, I would be happy to read your results with the new version. I have one report
about that you need to do this

Code:
sudo xcode-select -s /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

and that the dreading retina display bug is back. What is your experience?

Ted.exe won't start. An error pops up saying api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

Thanks. It took me 5 hours to fix my computer's Win 8.1 to accept the VC++ install/update. But Ted is working great. A big "thank you" to everyone who worked on this release of Cerberus X.

Last edited:
Thanks again because of @dawlane we have a Linux version too. You are the man!!!!

I second that - thanks @dawlane !

Just a note for anyone on Linux: to preserve your Ted settings, copy the ted_linux_xxxx.ini folder from your old /Cerberus/bin/ directory to the new one and you're good to go.

After a long time I was trying to built for Android with this new release. I had to change minSDK in the config.cxs from 26 to 19 to get it running on my test device. Is there a reason for choosing ApiLevel 26 as minimum?

Another thing I noticed, was that the app only installs and runs automatically in debug mode. In release mode I have to manually install the .apk file.

Here is the log:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 17s
28 actionable tasks: 27 executed, 1 up-to-date
Starting: Intent { cmp=de.ideenschau.mathetrainermojo.test/.CerberusGame }
Error type 3
Error: Activity class {de.ideenschau.mathetrainermojo.test/de.ideenschau.mathetrainermojo.test.CerberusGame} does not exist.
--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
E/memtrack(30943): Couldn't load memtrack module (No such file or directory)
E/android.os.Debug(30943): failed to load memtrack module: -2
E/SMD ( 184): DCD ON
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system

I think we only needed to change the target version. I will change the min versionback.

Thanks, Michael
Do you know how low minSdk is sensible to work with cerberus, so not to many people are complaining about crashes :p
due to incompatibilities.

Android Studio sets Api 15 (4.0.3) as default Minimum for Phone and tablet. With this you reach aprox 100% of the devices out there.
Do you think this is also usable for CerberusX?

Android Studio sets Api 15 (4.0.3) as default Minimum for Phone and tablet. With this you reach aprox 100% of the devices out there.
Do you think this is also usable for CerberusX?
I actually have no clue. If that is the minimum as a default, we should use that too.

Back
Top Bottom