coding music

Welcome!

I'm one of those who can't listen to music while concentrating (writing, coding etc), I need quiet.

(PS Your third video '8 house study mix' isn't available here in the UK, not sure about the rest of Europe)

Holzchopf

Staff member
CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Module Dev
I listen to all kind of music while coding. Mostly EDM, and from in there mostly Minimal Techno, Hard Trance, Psytrance and Deep House. When the music is too energising, I switch to something soothing (can even be Jazz or Classical). When I need energy and feel like my fingers aren't yet able to type as fast as I'd like, I chose something with more power (there's a lot of fast electronic music out there, but I'd say my favourite power-up music style is Power Metal). I know, weird mix :rolleyes:

Memzen

@Holzchopf - Kind of the same for me. Yesterday I became tired of listening to 90's mixtapes and listened to a few hours of Soft Jazz.

@MikeHart - A DJ, who is also a medical student, taped an 8 hour session of music many people like for studying. It has over 4 million views. I have listened to most of the "coding music" videos on YT and have found none I like to listen too. But this video for studying seemed to hit the right balance of mental energy I need for doing things on the computer. If there is a song I don't want to hear I can nudge forward to the next song with plenty more to listen too.

Last edited:

MikeHart

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Menzen Ok so not yours. If these songs are not copyright protected then it is ok to post them. But if someone holds rights to them, then please remove the links. Thank you.

Memzen

The DJ carefully pics songs that are OK to put into the mix. YT pulled the video for a time until one of the songs was correctly atributed to the correct publisher and then YT put the video back up. But I want you to not have any stress from worry so I'll delete them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom