Coding rabbit hole

Rich

Active Member
3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
So it all started when I need a font for a new game, so obviously I wrote a font editor, which then also needed a GUI engine, which lead me to shaders and fonts.

The original game only took a week to write, 6 months later I'm now getting a font in my game.

A friend at work described it as the Malcolm-in-the-middle-light-bulb moment

 

Phil7

Moderator
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Same here. :D
Trying to think of a new structure for function/methods documentation got me into how it could be implemented - into markdown - into makedocs. Once there you'll never get out again :eek:
 

Rich

Active Member
3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
Even though I have shader ideas for the next version of fontdu, I've decided to leave it for a while and actually make a game for a change ;-)
 

Rich

Active Member
3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
But first, maybe I'll do pull down boxes in GUI Class coz I'll need them at some point ;-)
 

MikeHart

Administrator
Joined
Jun 19, 2017
Location
Germany
There is always something. I am looking into sokol. So i said, custom targets would helpful. And there i went. Lol
 

Rich

Active Member
3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Joined
Sep 9, 2017
Glad it's not just me then
 
Top Bottom