• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

DLL?

SLotman

3rd Party Module Dev
Tutorial Author
Can Cerberus somehow interface with DLLs? I remembered I wrote ages ago a lib to deal with XInput on Blitz3D, and I'm thinking on porting it to Cerberus/Monkey. Would be nice to have vibration enabled :)

Oh, nevermind. There is a module by regal that does exactly that :)

Whoa, you did better than I :)

I actually had it saved here on my computer, and was (unsuccessfully) looking for it on Google :)

Question: not only that, I've got "text to speech" working on Windows. But have anyone worked with the screen 'narrator'?
I can't even find anything online, if there is an API or something... :(

So far I could only see this, which doesn't help at all :(

(maybe there isn't an API? It necessarily needs a 'readable' element?)

I think a text to speech functionality is what you need. You know the text, feeding it to that Api shoukd be easy.

Yeah, I've got SAPI (Microsoft's Speech API) working. I'd prefer the Narrator though - although it uses the same voice, its something totally different (it can read texts word by word or even letter by letter, and much more. It even can control where the 'focus' is with gestures and/or keys)

But since I found nothing (only how to create programs using labels and etc), I'm going for now with the SAPI indeed. But then, something else jumped on me: I thought to read the configs from Narrator (pitch and rate of the voice) and apply it on SAPI to mimic the narrator voice.

I can read it just fine in the registry, but applying the settings on SAPI doesn't quite behave the same way. I've made a post on StackOverflow about it, let's see if I get some cool answer there to solve this one ;)

BTW, this is what I'm doing ;)

Sorry the final text spoken is in Brazilian Portuguese, but I think you guys can understand the gameplay. The screen goes darker by the second, and after a while you'll see nothing - still having to avoid the monsters just by using your ears (and feeling joystick vibrations if you're using one capable of)

Dang it. Spent half the day trying to "list" all available voices on SAPI just to see that only a part of the voices available in the Narrator are present in the SAPI.

So, as much as I try, I can never replicate the narrator voice :(

Nope - that is just to help identify "objects that are accessible to Narrator" (which means buttons, labels, text boxes, etc)
Those "commands" mentioned in the article are just a bunch of key combos that activates special features, like highlighting the current Narrator focus, for example.

To be able to use the "Narrator" AFAIK, you need to use standard controls. Using OpenGL/Direct-X and images won't work, at all :/

Back
Top Bottom