• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Forum/Site shutdown reagarding GDPR/DSGVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeHart

Administrator
From 25th of May 2018 on in Europe, there is the DSGVO law that requires everyone who stores personal data of its users on their website to by compliant to this law. Means protect any personal information. IP adress, mail adress, etc.

I just looked into this and to me it looks like this place is in trouble if nothing is changed.

At the worst, I will need to temporarily shut down everything till things are in place like they should be.

Please store and refer to the following adresses where I will announce further informations about it, IF i need to shutdown stuff:

http://www.twitter.com/cerberus_x17

https://www.syntaxbomb.com/index.php/board,7.0.html

Cheers
Michael

Last edited:
Thank's for the heads up.

I just looked into this and to me it looks like this place is in trouble if nothing is changed.

How's that? I mean, are you sure these personal informations aren't already protected sufficiently?

Basically they are. We already support SSL (https) connections which is a must now for every site which has kind of data input. But you never know, especially here in Germany there are many lawyers who make a living by squeezing money from guys like us. I _think_ we're safe though as we don't have a shop site and don't use personalized data at all for instance which would be a nightmare now.

Thanks Martin! Glad to hear that from you =)

Ok, looks like the forum update secures that part. I am not sure about external links to images. Will have to investigate further.
I am concerned about the main website, not sure if WP and maybe a plugin will do the trick. If everything fails I will create some static pages.

Mike, I noticed some clicky-button-agree thing popped up today, did you find a WP plugin or was that part of the forum update? Just curious because I have some WP sites that I maintain and not sure if sites in the US are exempt if they do business in the EU?

That was part of the forum update. The main website wads done with wp and i still have to look into it.

Well, I just had to click on a form saying the rules have changed, I think it is from the forum host?

Yes. Xenforo released an update as the new laws say that we have to log the time when the users agreed to that privacy statement. Basically sanity checks but oh well... better to have those things than not.

I wonder if things like the internet ever would had been invented when Germany would lead the world. :D

Yes. It is a bummer. Personally i have taken my websites down because i have not the complete knowledge about it. @Martin said that this site is fine now. I hope so as he runs it and would not want legal harm to him.
This fucking law even effects calling some service like a doctor and leaving personal info for an appointment.
Crazy stuff.
At the end it is because companies made money with your pi without your consent.

That's exactly right. We'll be bombarded with so many privacy policies in the next days or already were in the past few days, that simply no one is going to read them any longer. You know, the law doesn't prohibit any of those data selling uses - it just requires that you (the user or the "person the personal data belongs to" are informed about
  • what data is collected
  • what happens with them
  • where they're going
  • who you have to contact if you wish to get information about or the copy of your data or when you want to delete them
They're all going to contain some passages about "we're using your personal data to optimise the adds we're showing you" and that's it.

For me, personally, the biggest concern is the IP: It's personal data. And it's automatically collected and logged by routers, firewalls, the server my website is running on... And although I don't have access to this data (my webspace host might), I might still be responsible for it, since it's my website that's causing persons to visit this particular server and leave their personal data (IP) there. I have no clue how to deal with that.

For the other stuff (like email addresses you get from people contacting you) I'm waiting for readable and reasonable short generic template privacy policies.

Did you made an Verarbeitungsauftrag with your provider? I did. It was one click.

Yup. Just did that. Actually this contract gives me full responsibility over all those collected data, meaning I have to put a privacy policy on line =/ now I'm really waiting for a localized policy template...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom