From 1 Aug 2019 all release must 64bit

Holzchopf

Staff member
As August and my holidays come closer I just wanted to let you know that I'm following this topic carefully. I'll try to get my games released in 64bit and will report in, hopefully on time, how things went for me.

Leonid64

I read this topic, but did not understand, we will be able to create 64 bit versions of applications? Or it does not make sense to start new projects on Cerberus-X.

Holzchopf

Staff member
Yes we can (already build 64 bit versions of our apps). Coincidentally it's just right now that I can confirm it works! For the moment, you have to update your CX installation manually:

1. Copy these folders:

2. Put them into your CX installation under:
targets\android\template\gradletemplate\app\src\main\jnilibs

(the remaining ones can be deleted)

3. If you have already built for Android once with that CX version, you'll have to copy the jnilibs to the project as well under:
YOURPROJECT\YOURPROJECT.buildvWHAT-EV-ER\android\gradletemplate\app\src\main\jnilibs

4. I also had to exclude the deprecated architectures explicitly by changing the defaultConfig block in
YOURPROJECT\YOURPROJECT.buildvWHAT-EV-ER\android\gradletemplate\app\build.gradle
to
Code:
    defaultConfig {
        applicationId "${ANDROID_APP_PACKAGE}"
        minSdkVersion ${ANDROID_MIN_SDK_VERSION}
        targetSdkVersion ${ANDROID_TARGET_SDK_VERSION}
        versionCode ${ANDROID_VERSION_CODE}
        versionName "${ANDROID_VERSION_NAME}"
        ndk.abiFilters 'armeabi-v7a','arm64-v8a','x86','x86_64'
    }
(note the ndk.abiFilters line)

5. Build

You can analyse the apk with Android Studio (Build > Analyze APK...). Under lib, you should now see the four folders armeabi-v7a, arm64-v8a, x86 and x86_64

For the people from the future (post V2018-12-30):
You shouldn't have to do any of this. CX is shipped with the necessary 64 bit libraries.

Top Bottom