• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Googleplay 64bit requirement

mag

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
I got email from googleplay. don't really know what this means
Hello Google Play Developer,
In our latest blog post, we detailed the requirement that apps using native code must provide a 64-bit version in addition to the 32-bit version by August 1, 2019.

Got the same e-Mail. It's about delivering 32-bit apps to 64-bit devices (delivering also means "will show up in the play store when browsing it from a 64-bit device"). They also write
If you haven't yet, we encourage you to begin work for the 64-bit requirement as soon as possible. Many apps are written entirely in non-native code (e.g. the Java programming language or Kotlin) and will not need code changes.

So I think you don't have to step into action for your CX written Android games, as also explained in the holy bible of coding knowledge

Got the same e-Mail. It's about delivering 32-bit apps to 64-bit devices (delivering also means "will show up in the play store when browsing it from a 64-bit device"). They also write

So I think you don't have to step into action for your CX written Android games, as also explained in the holy bible of coding knowledge

Lol, so it is one good thing that we still not have a NDK target.

Hi, I know this is an old subject to dig up as I haven't been doing any Android dev in almost two years . I am in the process to finally update my apps (and maybe make some new games down the road) with the 64-bit requirements and seem to be failing.
If someone can point me in the right direction on how to fix this that would be great. Do I need to update some native code somewhere or install a newer jdk or something? Not sure...

Is that with the lasted version of CX? Did you update Android Studio? I added 64 bit native libs to the Android build, so that shouldn't give you a problem. What error did you get?

@MikeHart, yes I am using CX 2020-05-09b so I figured any native code should be updated/implemented.

I recently had to reinstall android studio and it went through updates automatically. Unless there's some thing I need to update manually?

Last edited:
Ok, I will try to upload a build myself. I know that @garret has just released hier Karrierplaner app and I think that he used the latest version. Maybe he can confirm that.

@MikeHart , I got it to take eventually. I was trying to reuse my folder from the 2018 version of CX so I could use my release keys. Turns out I have to start with a fresh build, i just had a problem with my releasekey.keystore file at first. But figured that out as well - I had to put it in two different folders. Thanks for your help and time.

Also, I was wondering if any one knows of the 'android app bundle' google play is trying to push and gives you a warning if your not using it when you submit your app?

Oh, just great. Now Google will phase out APKs?

Which means I'm royally screwed, since I'm still using the old Monkey and the apache ant to build my stuff.

What's next? Will Windows just stop using the .EXE format?

Back
Top Bottom