• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Showcase GUI class

I complete the pinch and zoom last night.... Doesnt really show in the video sadly, but it does work ;-)

You could draw a semitransparent circle for each touch index to show the user interaction in the video.

You could draw a semitransparent circle for each touch index to show the user interaction in the video.
I thought the screen capture software was capturing them... I have added to the class when run in debug mode

Last night I released a beta version of the GUI class
Check the itch.io link in my signature

Why is it still in beta?
When adding a gadget to a tab, you specify the tab index..
Code:
Tabindex:int = GUI.AddTab("test")
Bttn:GuiButon = gui.AddButton(tabindex,image,x,y)
But the more I progress with the module I feel it should be..
Code:
Tab:GuiTab = gui.AddTab("test")
Bttn:GuiButton = tab.AddButton(image,X,y)
Thoughts?
Comments welcome

Code:
I agree, it's much cleaner and it says what it means.

Great work in any case!

Does the pinch zoom centre around the middle of the two fingers dynamically depending where they are? It looks on. the video like it zooms from the upper left corner?

tab is THE tab right? This are my two scents on the scheme :

Code:
sometab:guiTab = gui.addTab("test)
somebutton:guiButton = sometab.addButton(image,x,y)

@RaspberryDJ
Does the pinch zoom centre around the middle of the two fingers dynamically depending where they are? It looks on. the video like it zooms from the upper left corner?
You're right it does only zoom from top left of the image (not even the window)
This is something I plan to fix soon

Thanks for your feedback

Code:
I would also prefer that one.
Did you think about having more than one panel of tabs in a gui?
When I had a glimpse at your code I was thinking about having a container class wich could be extended by tabpanels, scrollAreas etc.
But it is definitely wise to set some limits how complicated the gui system should get. Otherwise endless effort is predicted ;)

@Phil7 @RaspberryDJ Ive now converted the code to the "other" option. It makes a lot more sense now. Originally I added via index of TAB to make it easy, but this way it just makes sense and is easier to read and code.

There is nothing stopping have multiple guis of tabs on the same screen. If the gui only has 1 tab, then the tab header can also be turned off

Heres a screen with 2 Gui's (and also my beta text input box and sliders)

Rich

sliders and text input.....

sadly the fix list has got slightly bigger ;-)

fixed pinch and zoom.. heres a build on android

This is getting better every day!
Did you set the pinch ratio on purpose? To feel more intuitive, it could be nice to have the to points you pinch move together with the points of the image. And also be able to have a small image in the middle of the scroll area i.e. some space on the left and upper edge.
Just nitpicking ;)

@RaspberryDJ @Phil7 thanks for the kind words

@Phil7
Did you set the pinch ratio on purpose? To feel more intuitive, it could be nice to have the to points you pinch move together with the points of the image.
Yep... I did set a ratio. I will try to look at fixing pixels, i think it will feel better

And also be able to have a small image in the middle of the scroll area i.e. some space on the left and upper edge.
Im not sure what you mean here... like a small summary view showing the whole image and the section you're zoomed into?

v0.2.0 has now been released

Now ive got this far, I'm going back to the font editor to integrate a GUI

Looking good. Is it themable?
Yes. in the latest release, there are 2 extra themes in the example (and 1 built-in default theme in the module)

now im fitting it into an actual application, Ive realised there are some basics missing

Ive now added Enable and Disable for all gadgets

After playing with blendmodes, i now have disable masks on all gadgets, including non-square buttons

Also
- fonts in themes work
- dynamic width buttons
- enable and disable gadgets

Time to finish off the extra docs and package it up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom