guiBasic module

Memzen

3rd Party Module Dev
The bottom and right lines of the outline around the Label element did not draw when running the Glfw3 target. Does anyone know how this can this be fixed?

magic

3rd Party Module Dev
3rd Party Tool Dev
Seem like a nice GUI. I tryed it but
cannot run.. need fontmachine! which I don't have ;(
so I download at https://github.com/ziggybcn/fontmachine but
got this error
Duplicate identifier "Font" ...
Class BitmapFont Implements Font

MikeHart

Administrator
Since we implemented our own font class, you need to change the fontclass name in fontmachine to something else.

Last edited:

MikeHart

Administrator
That is MyGui. Challenger Gui was the first GUI Christopher published. Where did you find it?

Memzen

3rd Party Module Dev
I downloaded it in 2014 from challenger-arts.com which no longer exists. There are many apps named MyGui so I made up a name. I went through my Monkey X archive from 2015 and this looked like a module worth converting.

MikeHart

Administrator
While good looking, it suffers from blurry output. Imho a gui should always draw at integer coordinates.

Memzen

3rd Party Module Dev
The download in the first post has been updated with a fix for the drawing problem with a Label. The Html5 and Glfw3 builds will not draw exactly the same but I don't know how to fix that problem. Concerning the fix see the large comment in the file gbLabels.cxs in the module folder. On a separate issue, anyone wanting to use this GUI should probably change the fonts in the module to use the font commands which are a part of Cerberus X. This GUI module uses a 1024 x 1024 image for a font. Not good.

Phil7

What are the downsides of using 1024x1024 images?
Do you suggest to replace the font files and also the font drawing commands from fontmachine to cerberus font?
Do you think cerberus font can replace fontmachine fully in functionality and usability?

Sorry for those stupid questions. It's been some time since I looked into that and it seems you did.

Top Bottom