Hades

Holzchopf

3rd Party Module Dev
If you guys really want that, then I would try again.
I don't see why you shouldn't try. Well except of course it's exhausting for you, having to ask over and over again. But you're the most active member here atm and I think it only makes sense you supervise the repo

MikeHart

Administrator
Ok, contacted him again. The repository is now in my account. I have the code to move the domain.
Martin contacted itch.io, will see how that goes. He also thinks that we should use the Xenforo forum further.
It is paid for and can be used on my server. So I need to look into moving the database and the forum code.
Things are on the move.... for now :)

MikeHart

Administrator
Ahh the joys of a reinstall of an OS. To get Hades to compile again, i need to figure out the MSVC tool chain for Cython.

Paul59

CX Code Contributor
How does Hades in its current state compare to Ted?

Phil7

Administrator
CX Code Contributor
3rd Party Tool Dev
In its current state it is not usable, pre alpha, don't know what it is called, but the question is where to put in the time and effort that is available.
If you read the first post here, you can read why the development of Hades has been started.

As far as I can tell Ted was not written with a community development in mind and documentation in the source was pretty poor.
It is written in C++ so it is only for the advanced programmers to help with coding stuff and even then it is said to be a slow language regarding how much you can achieve in a certain amount of time.
Python code on the other hand is pretty simple and easy to read, sometimes even easier than CX Code ;-)
Within only a few days I was able to port the CXDeploy tool, completely starting out as a Python beginner. So I can see some people jump in, when the code base is there, and help out with plugins, bugfixing and enhancing.

Paul59

CX Code Contributor
In its current state it is not usable, pre alpha, don't know what it is called, but the question is where to put in the time and effort that is available.
Yeah, I've kept up with the thread. I've dabbled with Python and it looks easy enough but I've never had a use for it. If Hades source was available I might take a look and see how intelligible it is (to me!) and whether I could contribute anything.

Top Bottom