• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Fixed images sizes

Ouch. I am not at home so can I look myself. But try this (with a backup) ..

Copy this file to its corresponding place in your Monkey installation:

targets/glfw3/template/stb/stb_image.h

I strongly recomment using Cerberus X instead of Monkey X. There are other fixes in CX for the desktop target.

Hi Mike,

we've tried to replace the .h file in the monkey target on the above path in both the install directory and in the monkey build directory with no luck

We have then tried to move to Cerberus but we're only getting a target for HTML 5. modifying the config.winnt file to comment out the MSBUILD path for the 15.0 folder and uncomment for the 12.0 folder gives us the options (that's the only one on our systems that contains the MSBuild.exe)

when we try to run a program, we're getting an error related to the Microsoft.net framework but checking the path in the config.winnt folder the MSBuild.exe is in the correct place according to the path. Part of the issue could be that we're on a college network although we do have access to the C Drive and Windows directory. We're running Windows 7. Is there something that we need to do to get Cerberus to work? We've not had this issue with the version of Monkey that we've been using

Cheers

James

@James Thynne: I also like to see this bug fixed, but in my opinion it can be easily worked around by changing the images.
The only image I had this problem was a 10 mb fullHD png with 16 bit alpha. I had no problems with the same image in jpg and also none with some fullHD pngs in the past. Try to make the alpha channel 8 bit for example.
Just my two cents...

Ok, i testet it with the new stb_image files and with Monkey Pro 87f. Works fine with a 1920x1080 image.

@James Thynne what is the image size that crashes for you? For sure, there are limits. How big they can be? Mostly limited by the hardware they run on.

Can you attach the image that crashes?

Hi,

I'll find out more about the image today. I believe it was 1920*1080 but was in png format. Don't know about the alpha depth yet until I get my hands on it. I'll post the image in half an hour or so when I have that class.

For what it's worth, the version of Monkey we're using is free84f purely because that's the one that was with a set of resources that I use and had install instructions for a school network that my network tech was able to get up and running

Thanks again

James

We have a fix (that we can work with!) it's all about the bit depth! the png was 64bit depth, reducing to 32bit sorted the issue

Thanks for all the help - great community!

James

We have a fix (that we can work with!) it's all about the bit depth! the png was 64bit depth, reducing to 32bit sorted the issue

Thanks for all the help - great community!

James
Glad you got it working. I was researching stb_image and it turns out that it does not support PNGs with a bit depth of 64. 32bit is the max.

Back
Top Bottom