• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

iOS memory leak

blockypixels

im not sure if this is a bug or my code

My App is working, no warnings, xcode shows memory as steadily increasing, you can see it going up at a constant rate.

If I deliver this App it will crash the phone eventually when the RAM is all gone ? Not good , the white lline was less a problem compared to this, dont want to get the blame for a phone crashing because of my app.

Any ideas ?

Is it the same for other targets?

Could be a bug could be your code. I am movimg this into general section as so far we dont know if it is a bug.
Do you constantly load and discard images?

Could you provide an example that causes this issue?

No actually , I load a bigger font and my graphics used in the app in the OnCreate method, DrawRect is used alot and a databuffer, no sound.

Sorry I took so long to get back here to this thread, I have almost finished my .ipa (archived app) for iOS, I had a tight dead-line to complete the program, its working very well on my iPhone.

Unfortunately I have a confidentiality agreement with the local business that is paying me to make the iphone app so I cant upload a screen shot or upload parts of the source code.

But I will make a stripped back build and test that adding back parts until I recreate the effect.

It creeps up very slowly so it may be nothing , the GC might already be handling it, anyway the app doesnt crash or report a problem.

Actually Cerberus is amazing ! My app looks really good and runs really smoothly !

I will upload screenshots of my other project thats my own later after this one is finished, I have a working console emulator written in Cerberus.

Please test with the new release. And we would definitely need a small example showing off the leak.
The memory leak with mojo2 is fixed.

Ok, im really busy finishing the current app, I want to deliver the finished product next week, I will let him know an update will be a few weeks later.

I will start by building a completely stripped back bare minimal build and add parts of the program back in until I identify the issue precisely using xcode instruments.

Im getting really great results on the Apple targets; Mac and iOS ie really fast graphics and frame rate is very smooth, but windows desktop is only half as fast and android my app is uselessly slow, building time is acceptable, with the new xcode build times from xcode are extremely fast ! and it remembers the build setting better.

I can definitely keep using Cerberus as im only interested in the iOS and Mac targets, it took ages to write a GUI and make a font etc but it really works well in the end, im using a consolata font three times bigger than the original drawtext font.

Will post some source code and output from tests here in a week or two.

Thank you for keeping this compiler with potential going forward.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom