• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

DevLog Michael's dev log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent stuff, thanks Mike for your contribution! Without you it wouldn't work!

Update: last night i finished the bitmap font implementation for mojo. Mojo2 was a nobrainer as it had it partially in place. Just needed to switch to storing the single glyphs into a map and draw from there.
For mojo i replicated that approach with a new Font and Glyph class. Sadly SetFont has a new syntax now. But this tiny change will bring you beautiful multiline text drawing out of the box. I hope this change is accepable.

Once i finish the docs, i will upload it to GitHub.

Here is a short update of the current CX development. Martin and I are targeting the next version to be released in 1-2 weeks.
This is what we have in so far and is already on GitHub:
  • FIX: [MOJO2] Fixed memory leak when discarding an image
  • FIX: [DESKTOP] Fixed alpha channel drawing on OSX showing color banding.
  • FIX: [makeDocs] Fixed makeDocs not recognising MonkeyDoc folders and .monkey files.
  • FIX: Fixed wrong naming of config file in GLFW_Angle target.
  • NEW: [DESKTOP] Added mouse wheel support for GLFW.
  • NEW: [MOJO/MOJO2] Added DrawImage9P to draw images via the 9-Patch algorithm.
  • NEW: [MOJO/MOJO2] Added bitmap font drawing.
  • NEW: [MOJO] Added Font + Glyph classes to support bitmap font drawing
Currently I am trying to fix MakeDocs to make properly use of a 3rdparty.cerberusdoc folder which doesn't quite work correctly at the moment. And I can tell you, Marks code is hard to disect sometimes. But eventually I get there. I want MakeDocs be fixed and correctly working before I tackle the new documentation finally.
Besides that I am working on a tool to convert Monkey X files/folders to Cerberus X in one click. Ok, maybe 3 or 4 as you have to point to a folder which you want to convert. :rolleyes:

Okeeeyyy, I hope I didn't bit more off than I can handle :D

You might have seen this here:

https://cerberus-x.com/community/threads/i-am-back-officially.318/

I decided that I will hold my own game development efforts and from now on spent my free time developing CX and anything related to it.

That means, at first I will try to tackle the open bugs and look through the suggestions made in the past. CX is to good to be wasted and I can't deny, I love this language.

As I run a Win7 PC with a onboard graphic chip and also an Imac from 2009, I can't upgrade them anymore to work on the UWP target and also make sure CX runs on the newest OSX/IOS platforms. To get decent hardware to develop and test on, i might open a crowd funding campaign to see if there are people out there that might want to help out. I don't have enough funds to by it, that is a sad truth.

The past 7 months with Cx and its community were great, lets make it awesome!

If you would love to see a new feature and didn't make a suggestion in the forum, please do so. It might see the light.

That would be awesome.

Finally last night i got QT5 to compile Ted on my windows machine. This is the reason why i hate anything C++ related. I am always struggling with the toolchain to build apps.
But with CX it is a must right now.
Next will be getting my old mac to create the tools. Yeah :confused:

I always wanted to have a dark theme for TED. :)

27545205_2028202990788772_1982127591589538410_n.png

I won't turn TED into the next Jungle, that is for sure, but some small enhancements won't hurt I guess.

Here is what I have so far.

First some themes:

TED_cerberus.PNG

TED_blitz.png

You can set bookmarks und Un/comment blocks now from the context menu...

TED_contextmenu.PNG

The extended options dialog...

TED_optionsdialog.PNG

You can let TED highlight the current caret row...

TED_highlight_caret_row.PNG

Bookmarks...

TED_bookmarks.PNG

The code browser can now be sorted. It also shows now fields, globals, constants too.

TED_Codebrowser.PNG

Let me know what you think.

Awesome. Loving the Blitz theme. And the bookmarks are a fab addition (having to ctrl-f comments to bookmark at the moment)

Damn,

my old rigs really throw me off. I can build TED on Windows now obviously, but on my Imac with XCode 8.2.1 QT 5.5.1 doesn't work. Always complains a missing license agreement. Looks like these two versions are not compatible. And from QT 5.6 and higher, Qt switched their web widget.

Thanks, I will try this. Stackoverflow was down today so I didn't see that at first. Back to install 5.5.1 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom