• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Showcase MonkeyDO

Pierrou

D.O. stands for Dénomination Orale = naming.
I quickly wrote a simple GUI module which works rather well.
Just plain Cerberus X 18/04 + the latest Autofit module by Druggedbunny enhanced by Simon Read (he corrected a bug with SetScissor)
The aim of the app is to load 1-4 language/visual field tests (naming or pointing tests) and then loop the pictures in full screen (display time = 4000ms) so that the patient names/points them while undergoing awake brain surgery.
You can load/edit/save patients profile (.txt files)
I intend to implement some log file to trace the patients' errors (semantic/phonologic errors, speech arrest, anomia...).
Most of all, the app is running on the very old IBM WinXP laptop we are still using in the operating room. It hasn't been tested by my colleagues and/or with real patients yet but I haven't seen it crash so far which is the most important thing of course.
Coding this simple but useful app using CX was a pleasure!
The only thing I haven't been able to do was to use my own icon (using GCC, since MSVS 32 bit builds don't seem to run on our machine)

do261018.png

That looks very neat. It is great to know that CX is used in this kind of work field! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I'm glad I could make it work the way I wanted within a few days (since I'm a speech therapist not a coder). We already use an android app made with MonkeyX for a few years and a Blitzmax reading soft.
I sometimes miss something like MaxGUI, but some simple GUI like this looks and feels OK too.

It's so cool to see people building their own tools like this for research. Good work! :)

I'm currently setting my icon with Resource Hacker; here's a tutorial for how to use it.

Small update : MonkeyDO is now our main tool during awake brain surgery. It feels quick and reliable so far. I'm adding new features these days according to our needs. We've more or less kept it to ourselves until recently but it's about to be used in other hospitals in France soon...

This sounds great. I am working on a educational app where I am also somehow inbetween game and app.

Are you compiling for 32 Bit? If so be aware that there is a bigger problem with GCC. See here
So for 32 it is saver to use MSVC.

Small update : MonkeyDO is now our main tool during awake brain surgery. It feels quick and reliable so far. I'm adding new features these days according to our needs. We've more or less kept it to ourselves until recently but it's about to be used in other hospitals in France soon...

Fantastic! Well done :D

Yes compiling for 32 Bit since we are still using an offline 2005 Win XP IBM laptop.
For some reason MSVC 32 Bit executables don't work on that computer (nothing happens when you click if I remember correctly), while GCC 32 Bit executables are fine so far.

Back
Top Bottom