• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

problems to deploy with cerberus x for Android....I use a macmini 2021 M1 Processor

Dear friends,
at this point i'm very confused..
Can somebody help me with step by step to deploy for android in mac osx?(Big Sur) please can you also posts the links to downloads the required softwares fo my mac mini M1?
I would like to work with cerberus x , because i think it's very powerful...
Thank a lot in advance, Lestroso
Still wait for my Mac (M1) to arrive and will give it a try and post a step by step tutorial then using the current released Cerberus version. Give me some days, hope it (the Mac) will be here this week...

Dear Martin.....Thousands Thanks!!! I thank you very much for your future support...I will wait for you! W Cerberus X!!!
Please...give me detailed steps as you can. Thanks a lot again...Lestroso.

Important:
If you are getting the correct javac version of 15.0.1 Then do not remove the JDK installation.
There is no need to remove or reinstall Cerberus.

Let's start by checking and cleaning some old files.
Open a new terminal and type:
ls -a
In the output, look for a directory called .gradle and if you see it type:
rm -rf .grade && clear && ls -a

The .gradle directory will be gone.

You will need your password used to install software for the next bit.
If you downloaded the Cerberus from https://whiteskygames.itch.io/cerberus-x and have problems with running the Cerberus IDE, or if it will not let you save files.

Then if you know how to use the 'Get Info' context menu; you can add yourself to the file permissions via the Finder Application. Use that route to change the permissions of the /Applications/Cerberus directory and add yourself, making sure that you have set the 'apply to enclosed items' found in the little gear wheel in the Sharing and Permissions section.

Or you can use the command line to take ownership of the whole Cerberus directory.
cd /Applications
sudo chown -R $USER Cerberus

In any of these cases, you will be asked to enter your password.

If you downloaded and built Cerberus from GitHub in a directory where you already have file permissions, then you should have no issues saving files.

Now to Check and clean old Cerberus build files.
In the Finder Application, navigate to where ever you have tried to build any Cerberus source files.
For example:
/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/devolonter/matchup/matchup.cxs
Remove any directory that contains the extension .buildv2020 to clear out old build files that can cause issues.
Example of a build directory: matchup.buildv2020-12-30

Now steps to take to set up.
Step 1:
Download and install a version of Oracle JDK.
The current JDK version 15 download is at https://www.oracle.com/uk/java/technologies/javase-jdk15-downloads.html.
The files will be installed to:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-15.0.1.jdk

Step 2:
For easy install of the Android SDK:
Download Android Studio: https://developer.android.com/studio
Note: Android studio comes with a copy of JDK 1.8.0 stored as part of the application bundle.
You will be asked during set up if you wish for Android Studio to use that version or click the button at the side of the edit box to locate a previously installed version, meaning that you can select the version via navigating to Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-15.0.1.jdk/Contents/Home

You will also be asked where to install the Android SDK. You can choose the default location, or select a different location. You must make a note of where is has been installed for later. I always install it in the user home directory in Library/Android/SDK.

Once you have installed Android Studio, you can begin to install additional Android SDK's.
Start Android Studio and in the greeting dialog at the bottom select the 'configure' drop down, then select SDK Manager.
Here you can install and remove various Android SDK's.

You should select to install two additional SDK's, unless you are targeting a specific release of the Android Operating system.
Install at least API's 28,23,16.

Step 3:
Start Cerberus and using the Projects Tree View, navigate and open the file located at Cerberus/bin/config.macos.txt
In the file opened in the editor, change the config variable to where the Android SDK is located and save.
Example:
ANDROID_PATH="${HOME}/Library/Android/sdk"

Step 4:
While in Cerberus, use the Projects Tree View to navigate and open the file located at Cerberus/targets/android/template/config.cxs
In the opened file in the editor, change the line below and save:
#ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-6.7.1-all.zip"
to
#ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-4.10.3-all.zip"

Exit Cerberus and restart Cerberus for changes to be updated.

Step 5:
Make sure you have your Android device plugged in to the computer.
Start Cerberus and using the Projects Tree View, navigate and open the file located at Cerberus/examples/mojo2/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.cxs

You can then build and install to the Android device. That is provided that you have enabled developer mode on your phone.
Keep an eye on the Android device to accept the connection to the computer.

Last edited:
DEAR dawlane,
I thank you so muchfor your detailed steps!!! I have followed your steps and i have a good success...but not full...now i have problem in the 5 step...My computer don't recognize my phone... I have a Samsung A20 ...Have you got any other idea? to deploy?? thank s a lot again... Lestroso.

Cerberus:
> Task :app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac
Note: /Applications/Cerberus/examples/mojo2/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.buildv2020-12-05/android/app/src/main/java/com/cerberus/cerberusgame/CerberusGame.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: /Applications/Cerberus/examples/mojo2/bouncyaliens/bouncyaliens.buildv2020-12-05/android/app/src/main/java/com/cerberus/cerberusgame/CerberusGame.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

> Task :app:compileDebugNdk NO-SOURCE
> Task :app:compileDebugSources
> Task :app:mergeDebugShaders
> Task :app:compileDebugShaders
> Task :app:generateDebugAssets
> Task :app:mergeDebugAssets
> Task :app:transformClassesWithDexBuilderForDebug
> Task :app:transformDexArchiveWithExternalLibsDexMergerForDebug
> Task :app:transformDexArchiveWithDexMergerForDebug
> Task :app:mergeDebugJniLibFolders
> Task :app:transformNativeLibsWithMergeJniLibsForDebug
> Task :app:checkDebugLibraries
> Task :app:processDebugJavaRes NO-SOURCE
> Task :app:transformResourcesWithMergeJavaResForDebug
> Task :app:validateSigningDebug
> Task :app:packageDebug
> Task :app:assembleDebug
> Task :app:installDebug FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
29 actionable tasks: 28 executed, 1 up-to-date
Execution failed for task ':app:installDebug'.
> com.android.builder.testing.api.DeviceException: No connected devices!

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 9s
TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.
Done.

[SIZE=7]Thank YOU Mister dawlane!!!!![/SIZE]

I have had Success!!!!!!! The Cerberus for Android is Started!! Now It's all ok!!! Now I'm very Happy!!! Dear Dawlane you are a very good Teacher!! Dear MikeHart, you schould take this little piece of instructions for deploy to Android (for Mac) and make a mini manual for all the communty....
I thank you everybody in this forum for helping me and dedicated your time to me... I Have appriciated so much...Best regards,

Lestroso... Happy 2021!! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom