• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

problems to deploy with cerberus x for Android....I use a macmini 2021 M1 Processor

Fasasoftware

Hi, i have some problems to deploy with cerberus x for Android....I use a macmini 2021 M1 Processor....very good....
can somebody help me to deploy for android with my new mac???
I have installed:
-Android: 4.1.1 for mac os x
-Java 15.0.1 x64 for mac os x

i have tried without success to modify the config file for mac in cerberus deploy folder...

I thank you so much! best regards, Lestroso...

"/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/bin/transcc_macos" -target=Android_Game -config=Release -run "/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/modules/vortex/demos/demo_mars.cxs"

TRANS cerberus compiler V2020-10-11

Parsing...

Semanting...

Translating...

Building...

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Could not determine java version from '15.0.1'.

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

TRANS FAILED: Android build failed.

Done.

Have you installed Apache-ant?

I added only this to my mac settings file, the rest is untouched :
ANT_PATH="${HOME}/apache-ant-1.10.8"
ANT_PATH="${CERBERUSDIR}/apache-ant-1.10.8"

(you just need one but I kept the original one when I changed it)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if JAVA JDK version is important but I successfully use this one

java -version

java version "1.8.0_251"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_251-b08)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.251-b08, mixed mode)

This looks like an issue with gradle. It needs updating to a more recent version.
Had this problem on Linux and I forgot to mention it to @MikeHart.
Plus CR/FL line endings being used on the gradle posix files causing head aches in Linux.

I think 4.10.3 distribution was the one I used, but I will have to double check on it.
@Fasasoftware : If you want to try for yourself. Edit the line shown below in the file targets/android/template/config.cxs
#ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-4.6-all.zip"
And change the name of the file in the line above to one of the distributed 'complete' versions from here.

Or change the line found in the same file .buildv2020-xx-xx\android directory.

If you are still having issues, then switch to using an earlier JDK version.

EDIT: The gradle distribution that still works but with a warnings is gradle-4.10.3-all.zip. Any version after that it breaks.

Last edited:
@dawlane , what do you suggest regarding the file endings issue?
Only thing I can think of would be to add the offending files (and maybe paths) to .gitattributes with eol's set to LF and do a local repository refresh before any new builds. I don't think gradle on windows cares about the line endings, but I would make a full backup of the local repository before making any changes and then check that the android templates still work across all platforms.

Thanks, I have to read up how to add these files/paths to .gitattributes

Dear friends,
I have tryed this and it worked for half..but i'm going on straight....ok listen....
1)Deleted jdk-15.0.1.jdk on my mac library by myself..
2)Installed the new jre-8u271-macosx-x64.dmg and boom... it works now but not complete...now the cerberus give me another new error....

Also where i put put the keytool license??
Now, in truth i have only installed the android API 30....but Cerberus ask me for Api28...How i can change it???Thanks a lot everybody..Lestroso

Here the new error.:
Cerberus:

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.
> Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.
     build-tools;28.0.3 Android SDK Build-Tools 28.0.3
     platforms;android-28 Android SDK Platform 28
  To build this project, accept the SDK license agreements and install the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
  Alternatively, to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, see http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html

Using Android SDK: /Users/saverio/Library/Android/sdk

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

BUILD FAILED in 41s
Done.

Dear friends,
I have tryed this and it worked for half..but i'm going on straight....ok listen....
1)Deleted jdk-15.0.1.jdk on my mac library by myself..
2)Installed the new jre-8u271-macosx-x64.dmg and boom... it works now but not complete...now the cerberus give me another new error....

Also where i put put the keytool license??
Now, in truth i have only installed the android API 30....but Cerberus ask me for Api28...How i can change it???Thanks a lot everybody..Lestroso

Here the new error.:
Cerberus:

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.
> Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.
     build-tools;28.0.3 Android SDK Build-Tools 28.0.3
     platforms;android-28 Android SDK Platform 28
  To build this project, accept the SDK license agreements and install the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
  Alternatively, to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, see http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html

Using Android SDK: /Users/saverio/Library/Android/sdk

* Try:

BUILD FAILED in 41s
Done.
Depends on how you've installed the Android SDK.
If you've installed it via Android studio.

Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.

That's the root cause, the licenses haven't been accepted. Try this from the command line:

Code:
~/Library/Android/sdk/tools/bin/sdkmanager --licenses

I'm sorry... but i don't know where is the problem....the compiler don't work for android...where i'm wrong???

I include here the errors...i have installed android studio.. from his webpage and installed the jre-8u271-macosx-x64.dmg on my mac..

Here first the config.cxs

Cerberus:
#ADMOB_PUBLISHER_ID="abcdabcdabcdabc"                            'from your admod account
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE1="TEST_EMULATOR"
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE2="ABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCD"    'your device's admob ID for test mode
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE3=""
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE4=""

#MOJO_HICOLOR_TEXTURES=True
#MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING_ENABLED=True

#ANDROID_APP_LABEL="Cerberus Game"
#ANDROID_APP_PACKAGE="com.fasasoftware.cerberusgame"
#ANDROID_SCREEN_ORIENTATION="user"                    '"user", "portrait", "landscape"
#ANDROID_GAMEPAD_ENABLED=False
#ANDROID_MIN_SDK_VERSION="16"
#ANDROID_TARGET_SDK_VERSION="30"
#ANDROID_BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION="30.0.0"
#ANDROID_GRADLE_VERSION="3.2.1"
#ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-6.7.1-all.zip"
#ANDROID_REPOSITORIES=""
#ANDROID_JAVA_SOURCE_VERSION="VERSION_1.8.0_271-b09"
#ANDROID_JAVA_TARGET_VERSION="VERSION_1.8.0_271-b09"
#ANDROID_APPLICATION_EXTRAS=""

#ANDROID_VERSION_CODE="1"
#ANDROID_VERSION_NAME="1.0"

#ANDROID_KEY_STORE="../release-key.keystore"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS="release-key-alias"
#ANDROID_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD="password"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS_PASSWORD="password"
#ANDROID_SIGN_APP=False

#OPENGL_GLES20_ENABLED=False

#ANDROID_NATIVE_GL_ENABLED=False

#TEXT_FILES+="*.txt|*.xml|*.json"
#IMAGE_FILES+="*.png|*.jpg|*.gif|*.bmp"
#SOUND_FILES+="*.wav|*.ogg|*.mp3|*.m4a"
#MUSIC_FILES+="*.wav|*.ogg|*.mp3|*.m4a"
#BINARY_FILES+="*.bin|*.dat"

And then here the compile errors.:

Cerberus:
"

/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/bin/transcc_macos" -target=Android_Game -config=Release -run "/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/beaker/angelfont_example/angelfont_example.cxs"
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...

* Where:
Build file '/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/beaker/angelfont_example/angelfont_example.buildv2020-12-05/android/app/build.gradle' line: 8

* What went wrong:
Could not compile build file '/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/beaker/angelfont_example/angelfont_example.buildv2020-12-05/android/app/build.gradle'.
> startup failed:
  build file '/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/beaker/angelfont_example/angelfont_example.buildv2020-12-05/android/app/build.gradle': 8: unexpected token: 8.0_271 @ line 8, column 51.
     ibility JavaVersion.VERSION_1.8.0_271-b0
                                   ^

1 error

* Try:

BUILD FAILED in 1s
Done.
Thanks a lot for your help...Lestroso

The error above means that it simply don't understand your version "VERSION_1.8.0_271-b09" and neither do I (actually that should just be "VERSION_1_8")

What happens if you remove those lines? Edit: With "removing" I mean if you have them in your own project. Don't remove the original ones in the config.cxs of course. If you have changed it there, reset it to the original ones.

Code:
#ANDROID_BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION="30.0.0"
#ANDROID_GRADLE_VERSION="3.2.1"
#ANDROID_REPOSITORIES=""
#ANDROID_JAVA_SOURCE_VERSION="VERSION_1.8.0_271-b09"
#ANDROID_JAVA_TARGET_VERSION="VERSION_1.8.0_271-b09"

The standard should work actually.

Try to use target SDK 29 instead of 30, as I had some issues with the latest one:
Code:
#ANDROID_TARGET_SDK_VERSION="29"

Last edited:
The current gradle template breaks with any version above 4.10.3
Should be:
#ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-4.10.3-all.zip"

Make sure you are using a Java Development Kit (JDK) and not a Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Make sure that the JDK_PATH in config.macos.txt points to the root directory of the JDK.

Remove old cached gradle files. You will find these in a hidden .gradle directory within the /Users/saverio. Just delete it.
You will need to be familiar with the command line to remove them. Or know how to get Finder to show all files.

I'M sorry again.... i have made a lot of experiment without or half success...

i have tryed to install a fresh copy of cerberus....but if i leave it on application folder...the app start and don't work...Seem a problem of permission on my mac or in all mac... cerberus sa that cannot create a folder to deploy the app....is it right?? or i'm the alone that don't work so?...
Then i have putted on my desktop the cerberus folder...and boom it works all deploy but not the android for other problems...
here below the code it give to me cerberus....Can some body help me again please???Lestroso

compiler tell this:

/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/bin/transcc_macos" -target=Android_Game -config=Debug "/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/devolonter/matchup/matchup.cxs"
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...
Downloading https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-4.6-all.zip

etcetera.....

Download https://dl.google.com/dl/android/ma...pt2/3.2.1-4818971/aapt2-3.2.1-4818971-osx.jar
:app:createDebugCompatibleScreenManifests
:app:processDebugManifest
:app:splitsDiscoveryTaskDebug
:app:processDebugResources
:app:generateDebugSources
:app:javaPreCompileDebug
:app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac FAILED

* What went wrong:
16 actionable tasks: 15 executed, 1 up-to-date
Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> Could not find tools.jar. Please check that /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home contains a valid JDK installation.

* Try:

BUILD FAILED in 1m 26s
Done.

Could not find tools.jar. Please check that /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home contains a valid JDK installation.
You have something wrong with your JDK installation or you do not have a JDK installed.
To check that it is installed correctly, open the command terminal Applications/Utilities/Terminal
And type:
javac --version

You should see something like this if it is installed correctly.
javac 15.0.1

If you don't see anything like above, or the version prints javac 1.6 or something similar, then download:
Download the Oracle 15 JDK installer for OSX.

Do a google search for issues related to the installation of any JDK as each version of Mac OSX and Java changes the locations of where it will be installed.
You have not updated the line #ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-4.6-all.zip" to #ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-4.10.3-all.zip" in Cerberus/targets/android/templates/config.cxs

You will end up back where you started from.

Hmm ya sorry, I might have added some confusion here. I think you already were on the right track. The build process just stumbled over that weird version number. Let's go step by step through this, @dawline is correct. Do you have the right JDK installed? I still used 1.8.0 but 15 should work too?

it'a a tunnel without the finish........
well , i have followed the steps of dawlane...but without success here the screenshot and this is ok... i have modify the gradle information like this...

Cerberus:
#ADMOB_PUBLISHER_ID="abcdabcdabcdabc"                            'from your admod account
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE1="TEST_EMULATOR"
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE2="ABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCDABCD"    'your device's admob ID for test mode
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE3=""
#ADMOB_ANDROID_TEST_DEVICE4=""

#MOJO_HICOLOR_TEXTURES=True
#MOJO_IMAGE_FILTERING_ENABLED=True

#ANDROID_APP_LABEL="Cerberus Game"
#ANDROID_APP_PACKAGE="com.cerberus.cerberusgame"
#ANDROID_SCREEN_ORIENTATION="user"                    '"user", "portrait", "landscape"
#ANDROID_GAMEPAD_ENABLED=False
#ANDROID_MIN_SDK_VERSION="16"
#ANDROID_TARGET_SDK_VERSION="28"
#ANDROID_BUILD_TOOLS_VERSION="28.0.3"
#ANDROID_GRADLE_VERSION="4.10.3"
#ANDROID_GRADLE_DISTRIBUTION="gradle-4.10.3-all.zip"
#ANDROID_REPOSITORIES=""
#ANDROID_JAVA_SOURCE_VERSION="VERSION_15"
#ANDROID_JAVA_TARGET_VERSION="VERSION_15"

#ANDROID_VERSION_CODE="1"
#ANDROID_VERSION_NAME="1.0"

#ANDROID_KEY_STORE="../release-key.keystore"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS="release-key-alias"
#ANDROID_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD="password"
#ANDROID_KEY_ALIAS_PASSWORD="password"
#ANDROID_SIGN_APP=False

#OPENGL_GLES20_ENABLED=False

#ANDROID_NATIVE_GL_ENABLED=False

#TEXT_FILES+="*.txt|*.xml|*.json"
#IMAGE_FILES+="*.png|*.jpg|*.gif|*.bmp"
#SOUND_FILES+="*.wav|*.ogg|*.mp3|*.m4a"
#MUSIC_FILES+="*.wav|*.ogg|*.mp3|*.m4a"
#BINARY_FILES+="*.bin|*.dat"

terminal.png

and finally the cerberus error:

Cerberus:
"/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/bin/transcc_macos" -target=Android_Game -config=Debug "/Users/saverio/Desktop/Cerberus/examples/mojo/devolonter/matchup/matchup.cxs"
Parsing...
Semanting...
Translating...
Building...

* What went wrong:
Could not determine java version from '15.0.1'.

* Try:

Done.

thanks a lot Lestroso

@Martin The version number VERSION_1.8.0_271-b09 is correct. It's just the full version number VERSION_MAJOR.MINOR.0_REVISION-BUILD-ID. It gets more complicated when Oracle throw beta, early access namings etc into the version number.

JDK 15 should work providing that the gradle distribution bundle is updated to one that the current Ceberus-X android gradle template is still compatible with. I've tested a few and the latest release that is still compatible is gradle-4.10.3-all.zip and only issues a warning of a couple of depreciated gradle API calls.

Things to take note of with Android Studio and JDK's:
Installing Android Studio makes life a little easier for a new user to install the required SDK's than doing a manual installation by downloading the command line tools and then spending the time figuring out how to do the basic tasks. Plus code generated via Cerberus can be added to an Android Studio project for tweaking.

The current release Android Studio has it's own embedded JDK (currently 1.8.0_242-release). During installation you can choose the embedded or set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to use the embedded or select your own. All a user has to do then to switch between different versions of a JDK is to make sure that JAVA_HOME is added to their PATH environment and update JAVA_HOME to the JDK they wish to use.

Current Oracle installs are located in /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines and many symbolic links associated such as /usr/bin etc tend to chain link, so removing any JRE/JDK can be a bit tedious. This mean a bit of googling is required to find information to make sure all traces of software install via packages are removed.

@Fasasoftware You did remove the old project build directory, usually identified by the Cerberus version extension .buildv2020
And you did remove the hidden .gradle cache directory that you will find in your home directory?
EDIT: You will probably may find the the mojo examples may not work correctly. Try the mojo2 version instead.

Last edited:
I had the same error on Windows machine. Everything worked after reinstalling Android Studio with embedded jdk.

Dear friends,
at this point i'm very confused..
Can somebody help me with step by step to deploy for android in mac osx?(Big Sur) please can you also posts the links to downloads the required softwares fo my mac mini M1?
I would like to work with cerberus x , because i think it's very powerful...
Thank a lot in advance, Lestroso

Back
Top Bottom