• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

Question on building projects in TED

Lillpeter

A very small, but still noticeable annoyance I experience in TED is that I always have to select my "main" source file before hitting the build button to test/verify my work. I wonder if there is a way around this? As my projects grow and include more files it would be super handy to be able to hit the build no matter which file I'm in that still relate to the project I'm currently working with.

Or is there a way to do this already that I'm not aware of?

Or is there a way to do this already that I'm not aware of?

Yes. Menu Build/Lock Build File. Or CTRL+L .

It will try to build the file you have locked on. But that means that the main file has to be opened.

Sweet! That's exactly what I was looking for (and why have I never noticed that option before). Now that I think of it, there's one more thing I've never understood in Ted, what's the Debug tab used for in the browser panel?

I've never understood in Ted, what's the Debug tab used for in the browser panel?
Its for when you debug, it contains debugging informations. Tonight when I find time to be at my computer, I will try to explain it better.

Much appretiated :) I guess I haven't been able to figure it out as I've just never seen any kind of content or output in that panel. I have some experience with C++ in Visual Studio where I know I can set up and output all kinds of debug information in certain panels to better see what happen as code is executed.

@Lillpeter , first it has to be stated that the debugging statements DebugLog and DebugStop work only in the Desktop target.

DebugLog outputs content to the console of Ted, similar to the Print statement. To my surprise it does it during Release building too. That has to be fixed. Like I said, you use it like the Print command.

More interesting, if you are into debugging, is the DebugStop command. With it you stop the execution of your code. It also functions in Release mode but basically does nothing. In Debug mode the Debug panel will be filled with informations regarding your code and the app.

upload_2017-12-8_17-32-55.png

With these buttons you can go a step further in your code, jump into a function/method or jump out of one:

upload_2017-12-8_17-34-3.png

Does that make it a little bit more clear?

Last edited:
Ah yes that makes perfect sense, and seems similar to how basic debugging works in Visual Studio. I'm using "print" and "error" a lot but never the "debug" commands. Will definitely try them out.

Big thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom