• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

News Roadmap for 2018-2019

I'm still on the Monkey side (the renaming to .cerberus of everything still puts me off to try to convert everything I did on Monkey side...), but I'm even willing to pay up for an XBox target.

.monkey and .monkeydoc file extensions and monkeydoc folder are supported in CX. The only thing you would need to change are monkey:: file names to cerberus:: . In the tool section of this forum is my conversion tool. That should do everything automatically.

Once I can get a Windows 10 PC, I can work on a UWP target and that should bring XBox on the table if I understood that correctly.

I'm still on the Monkey side (the renaming to .cerberus of everything still puts me off to try to convert everything I did on Monkey side...),
I think Mike provided a tool to automatically convert .monkey to .cxs, back everything up, use it once for all and everything is fine. I'm using 3rd party modules such as IgnitionX without any problem. No problem with JungleIDE projects either.

I think Mike provided a tool to automatically convert .monkey to .cxs
Yeah I know. But I can bet something will go wrong with some of the stuff I wrote here :)

I have some stuff directly linking files, I have some custom targets I've been working on and off - even my own spriter module (adapted from the old one in the foruns - the one even without 'bones' in the code, but that I altered so I could show/hide and color parts of the sprite as I want), just the converter alone won't be able to do it all (I looked at the converter source) - and I have very, very little spare time these days to do it, even to try to convert everything and then 'fix' whatever is wrong.

Don't get me wrong, though: the work being done here is exceptional, and I'm glad you guys are keeping it alive. I'm still in the way to 'jump over', but right now... I can't.

That statement is miss leading. Some people will get the impression that it's completely free. It's only free for personal, non-commercial and educational use. You are only allowed to use it for free for commercial use with restriction criteria and for one game a year if you are an indie developer. It's in Q&A on the licencing page.
Ouch, didn't see that FAQ.

Please disregard my suggestion, I'm sorry :(

@SLotman: Do you happen to have a freetype kind of module for Truetype font integration?

Isn't the Freetype implementation a good example of why pointers would be necessary? At least when I glanced over at the BMax Freetype module this seemed to be a requirement. I haven't checked completely what dawlane posted in Font Size tho, maybe this would works out of the box...

The Android NDK target would send me over the moon. I have so many prototypes and half finished projects I backburnered because Android performance running in Java was so poor. Looking forward to the future!

I have been playing with the latest Ted and like where that’s going as well.

Why adding unsigned and pointers? Just curious because already seems like language wise it does everything it needs to while being simple.

Oh, anythought about Struct support? Like for 2/3/4d vectors. C#/Unity has this. Not a reference counted object that is allocated from the heap, but a way to build primitive structures that are passed by value on the stack without needing a heap allocation. Ideal for optimized vector math libraries.

Last edited:
Why pointers and unsigned vars? To interface external code better.

Would love it if input handling under Android could be improved (or at least work for joypads on most devices) but it does sound like you have plenty to keep you going already. It's awesome that you're doing this. :)

Would love it if input handling under Android could be improved (or at least work for joypads on most devices) but it does sound like you have plenty to keep you going already. It's awesome that you're doing this. :)
Thank you. The reason that I would not be able to look into this is the lack of hardware. Or are regular XBox controllers usuable for Android?

I think they work. But they need a USB OTG adapter for wired controllers and the adapter and a wireless adapter for wireless. I have used USB pads before but I now have 2 Bluetooth pads.

If you have an android stick with USB ports is just a matter of installing xpad.ko and they'll work :)

Edit: Monkey will also work correctly with joysticks - this menu in this video, I did it with Monkey ;)

An Android stick with usb ports? Is that some kind of chinese mini computer which uses Android as the OS?

If anything, it would need at least to be compatible with the major platforms win/osx/Android/IOS and better HTML.
SO it needs to be an OpenGL ES solution.

Back
Top Bottom