• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

DevLog Team DevLog MikeHart - Update 2022/03/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike, I wanted to ask about the imgui stuff. It hasn't been mentioned since the release on 2021-05-16 but I am hoping that it will be coming soon? I'd really like to use imgui and I have been looking for a language with a good community to replace BlitzMax for awhile now, was hoping Cerberus might be it. :)

Cerberus-X is simple to install on Linux and It's a amazing environment to use Cerberus-X on weak computers and strong ones.

I use ParrotOS and will make a video soon about making a Cerberus-X happen there.

Hi Mike, I wanted to ask about the imgui stuff. It hasn't been mentioned since the release on 2021-05-16 but I am hoping that it will be coming soon? I'd really like to use imgui and I have been looking for a language with a good community to replace BlitzMax for awhile now, was hoping Cerberus might be it. :)
It didn't became an official module as Philipp wasn't to exited about it. I will see if I can release it as a 3rd party module. Still need to work on some stuff, which I had apparently stopped doing so.

It didn't became an official module as Philipp wasn't to exited about it. I will see if I can release it as a 3rd party module. Still need to work on some stuff, which I had apparently stopped doing so.
That'd be really great, if the reason it was excluded was platform support, imgui does actually work fine on Android (https://github.com/sfalexrog/Imgui_Android) and iOS (https://github.com/pthom/hello_imgui actually supports mobile, desktop and web in one wrapper) as well as web (https://github.com/jnmaloney/WebGui) so I think it is a really good option for Cerberus from what little I know of the compiler and tool (just that you want to be cross platform which I love).

It didn't became an official module as Philipp wasn't to exited about it.
The reason I was not voting for it as an official module at that time was that we were experimenting with Sokol as a rendering layer for metal support and imgui was using openGL so it seemed to be kind of intercepting each other. But now that we are pretty sure we will be using metalangle which enables us to keep all the rendering stuff of mojo2 I don't have any arguments against imgui.

So far I had no intention to develop the wrapper for other platforms besides Desktop. I would prefer a UI system that is basically done in CX so there you could publish it on all platforms.

Regarding your links, the Web version is a 3rd party one, so you can only hope that is on par with the original one. Even worse, it uses Emscripten which we don't use.
The Android version is also a 3rd party one, uses SDL plus C++ so it isn't compatible with our workflow as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom