• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

TED Preview 20180226 (Windows only)

MikeHart

Administrator
Hi folks,

I have commited my current changes for TED to the Github and have attached a preview to this topic.

TED_20180219.PNG

Sorry that it is Windows only right now.

Please backup your bin/Ted.exe file and copy the content of the zip file into the bin folder.

You can set the options inside the usual dialog. When you change the theme, please load the colors too. If you want to change them, you can store them under the current theme.

TED_options.PNG

The new extra functionalities are

TED_newFromTemplate.PNG

and

TED_bookmarks.PNG

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• TED_Preview_20180226.zip
    473.9 KB · Views: 299
Very nice! I like the code browser, especially the fact that sorting the tree is optional ;-) But shouldn't the colours of a theme be loaded automatically? Because I was a bit worried at first, when I changed the theme and suddenly had black text on dark ground.

very cool! found some bugs. on the side browser fields are under wrong classes, not in the right order and some classes have no arrow to expand when they should.

very cool! found some bugs. on the side browser fields are under wrong classes, not in the right order and some classes have no arrow to expand when they should.
Can you sent/post code that shows thst behaviour?

But shouldn't the colours of a theme be loaded automatically? Because I was a bit worried at first, when I changed the theme and suddenly had black text on dark ground.

I don't want to load the colors automatically as people can be very sensitive about their settings. The colors that ship with them are more a suggestion.

I see. And I can relate. Maybe label it UI Theme instead of Theme so it's more clear that changing it will only affect the UI?

i niticed when i type it randomly highlights words on the side browser, and puts fields in the wrong places. it seems like some fields act like classes in that they hold the methods .
this is the code i used.

Code:
Strict

Import mojo

Interface DuckNoise

Method quacktype:Void()

End

Class Quack Implements DuckNoise

Method quacktype:Void()

DrawText("quack",10,10)
    End
End

Class Squeek Implements DuckNoise

Method quack:Void()

End
End

Class DuckBase

Field ducknoise:DuckNoise

Method dosound:Void()
            ducknoise.quacktype()

End

Method doFly:Void()

End

Method swim:Void()

End

Method display:Void()

End

End  

Class BigDuck Extends DuckBase

Method New()
        ducknoise = New Quack

End

End

Class RedDuck Extends DuckBase

End

Class SmallDuck Extends DuckBase

End

Class duck Extends App

Field larry:BigDuck

Method OnCreate:Int()
        SetUpdateRate(60)

larry = New BigDuck()

Return 0
    End

Method OnUpdate:Int()

Return 0
    End

Method OnRender:Int()
        Cls 0, 0, 0

larry.dosound()

Return 0
    End

End

Function Main:int()

New duck()

Return 0
End

Last edited:
Thanks, because your code wasn't properly formated, it sorted it wrongly in the code browser.
I have to take care of this.

Regarding source code posting...

upload_2018-2-20_20-0-25.png

and then

upload_2018-2-20_20-0-58.png

Awesome, I have noticed that changing the Background colour in Options now has no effect even if saving the profile and reloading the colors. The Background line in Options stays the selected colour but the actual background stays the theme colour.

Also on some of the profiles the console stays with a light background making the text hard to read (default, darkstyle), even after loading the colours.

On a side note, is it possible to add highlighting entire lines by clicking the line number?

Cheers,

Rob

On a side note, is it possible to add highlighting entire lines by clicking the line number?
Do you mean highlighting or selecting?
The Background line in Options stays the selected colour but the actual background stays the theme colour.
`Yes, that is a feature. Only in the default theme (Which is no theme) the background can be set.

Also on some of the profiles the console stays with a light background making the text hard to read (default, darkstyle), even after loading the colours.

Mmmh, this is how it looks on mine..

upload_2018-2-21_14-12-50.png

upload_2018-2-21_14-13-50.png

The text colors in the console currently are refering to some of the editor colors. But I want to make that seperate.
The text colors only update once your build/check again.

The background color for the console is controled by the theme.

I've attached a shot of the console under darkstyle colours showing the console

Just spotted another thing, I loaded my jethunt code afterwards and it comes up as black on black but the text can be highlighted, the other tabs were already there and still had the white background.

shots attached too

Rob

ah, it's the background colour, which was set to black on the darkstyle colours. Whilst changing it doesn't change any tabs already open the next loaded tab uses this background colour and keeps it even if it's changed again!

(After loading jethunt I changed the background to blue and it was still black on black. I loaded another tab and that was blue with black text. I then changed the background to green and opened another file. So I had a tab with black on black, a tab with black on blue and a tab with black on green)

Attachments

• defaultgrab.JPG
    defaultgrab.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 317
  • afterloading.JPG
    afterloading.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 301
  • afterloadingwithhighlighting.JPG
    afterloadingwithhighlighting.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 341
Yes, the background color only changes when a new file opens in the default theme. Do you prefer a light or dark theme?

I was in darkstyle theme not default when this was happening, I'm using the Blitz one now as I'm nostalgia-man. The new file background thing isn't happening in that one. :)

I was in darkstyle theme not default when this was happening, I'm using the Blitz one now as I'm nostalgia-man. The new file background thing isn't happening in that one. :)
I can't replicate that in the dark theme.

Ok, I have attached a new version to the top post. Mainly changes how the themes are stored. The icons can now be changed too. You can set the text colors in the console window now.

@Dubbsta Your wrong sorting is caused by how you indent your code. Old Ted behaved the same, now that sorting is active, it shows more.
There is no quick fix for this from my side for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom