• Dear Cerberus X User!

As we prepare to transition the forum ownership from Mike to Phil (TripleHead GmbH), we need your explicit consent to transfer your user data in accordance with our amended Terms and Rules in order to be compliant with data protection laws.

Important: If you accept the amended Terms and Rules, you agree to the transfer of your user data to the future forum owner!

Please read the new Terms and Rules below, check the box to agree, and click "Accept" to continue enjoying your Cerberus X Forum experience. The deadline for consent is April 5, 2024.

Do not accept the amended Terms and Rules if you do not wish your personal data to be transferred to the future forum owner!

Accepting ensures:

- Continued access to your account with a short break for the actual transfer.

- Retention of your data under the same terms.

Without consent:

- You don't have further access to your forum user account.

- Your account and personal data will be deleted after April 5, 2024.

- Public posts remain, but usernames indicating real identity will be anonymized. If you disagree with a fictitious name you have the option to contact us so we can find a name that is acceptable to you.

We hope to keep you in our community and see you on the forum soon!

All the best

Your Cerberus X Team

TED Preview 20180407 (Windows only)

MikeHart

Administrator
Hi folks,

attached is the current development version of TED.

Here are the changes done to it since its last official release:

FIX: [TED] Readded Fix for last selected target by PixelPaladin. It was MIA for some unknown reason.
FIX: [TED] Performance issue with big files.
NEW: [TED] Added highlighting word under caret.
NEW: [TED] Added highlighting matching brackets.
NEW: [TED] Background color works now in all themes.
NEW: [TED] Added highlighting and autocapitalization of the complete API.
NEW: [TED] Double clicking on an image file in the project browser will preview the file externally.
MOD: [TED] F1 displays now a short help text in the statusbar at first before with a second press, open the help document.

The biggest changes since the last preview are the highlighting and autocapitalization of the API...

upload_2018-4-7_20-47-31.png

and when you press F1 on an API word, TED will try to display the correct syntax in the statusbar.
I said "try" as it won't take care of parameter overloaded versions of the same keyword.

upload_2018-4-7_20-49-20.png

With the Keyword2 color you can control the color of the API words.

upload_2018-4-7_20-50-20.png

Another thing is, when you double click in the project browser on an image file, TED won't try to open it as text anymore, but with PNGs, it opens a small window displaying the image. With other file formats, it opens it up in your system image viewer.

upload_2018-4-7_20-54-13.png

I hope you like the latest additions. Regarding autocomplete... this is still in the works.

The GitHub repository was just updated with the changes.

Cheers
Michael

Attachments

• Ted_Preview_20180407.zip
    536.4 KB · Views: 285
those highlighting options are a god send for me... nice work.
could we get a bold/not bold option for each of the highlights as well pls?

sweet, honestly the more colour options there are the better, it's one of the main things I miss about not being able to use jungle, just having class' have their own colour and then their methods having a diff colour both unique from functions and core commands makes code so much better to read.

eh HUH!? does it work with cerb tho ?

juct checked its still just the demo download on his site.

Found it.. cant seem to get it to compile any examples tho, will keep messing with it, it might be conflicting with my other jungle install not sure.

Last edited:
@Taiphoz no compiles at all or at least html target?
I also moved from my normal Jungle license to this cerb version. And now It works fine.

the annoying thing is that they share configs apparently even tho their in two seperate install directories. so if I set one to cerb then my monkey one is also set to cerb.

As for compile I only tried windows will try the other targets later.

Is there a reason you keep the old version of Jungle and/or monkey? I couldn't find any downsides and switched completely to Cerberus and the free Jungle version.
Btw is ted ide in the cerberus folder compiling correctly? Jungle is writing into the bin/config.winnt.txt at the end of the file.
I had some trouble with this when changing cerberus versions or changings folders for the target enviroment.

a bunch of reasons all personal but I don't mind sharing them, /rant incoming.......

I'm pissed at mark for basically nearly killing his own community what... 3 times now ? no one likes the idea of using discontinued tools(thank god for cerb on that regard but I have to wonder how long it will last) .

I'v not really written anything new since monkey 2, oh yeah I wrote an Intelligence gathering app for EvE Online in monkey but that's about it, every time I think about opening monkey I'm reminded the community was crushed and have this feeling that some how getting all my stuff to work in cerb will be a nightmare( even if its not ) which after trying to get Jungle to compile cerb kinda holds true cos it wont work.

I also use some third party modules which no longer get worked on because of monkey 2, and that feeling that trying to make them work in cerb is just gona be a hassle.

So when I finally do code again I will probably finish up what I have with my current version of jungle/monkey1 and when that project is finished I honestly don't know what I'm gona do.

My options are move to cerb fully , learn Unity or Learn Monkey 2, ever since blitz2D my default would be learn marks new thing but after all that's happened I'm now so fkn gun shy that I just cant bring myself to write anything for fear of investing time and effort into a language that in cerbs case might just fade out of existance , or in monkey 2's case might get split into a new community for monkey 3 and with Unity its more like having to learn not only new languages but a whole complete new way of doing things, none of these options make me smile.

Sorry.. I know that's a bit of a rant.

I do have the same feelings about a lot of the things you wrote. I was stalled for a few weeks just because the compile times of html was about two times longer than before. And I am really glad that the main things in Cerb just worked out of the box for me (projects with about 3 - 4 tsd lines of code, ignitionX, fontmachine) and now I am in the mood of tackling some hurdles if they come up.
At the time when Jungle was not available for Cerb I wrote the code in Jungle and compiled it in ted. Does this work technically with your projects?
The forum is definitely small here but everyone is trying to help if they can.
Maybe I can help also, if you show some bug reports or details about the issue.

I can understand your feelings Taiphoz, but the situation is not revertable. We have to deal with it and thankfully there are still tools for us small developers and hobbiests out there that make creating our projects fun.

man, apologies iv pulled this thread totally off topic..

I'v fixed my build issue with ted/cerb there was an issue with ming which a re-install solved, odd that monkey1 didnt have issues tho but all good now..

I wont be testing it with cerb jungle just yet because the two jungle installs I have share a conig which is a pain and means when I setup for cerb I then cant use the other jungle for monkey cos it overwrites the config.. not a massive issue tho I guess.

Just out of curiosity is there a master list of code that needs to be changed and or filenames that need to be changed to make a project and its modules work with cerb ? I might have a bash at this later and see if I can get my monkey1 modules folder all working with cerb I have more than a few modules in there that Id like to keep using if possible.

Just out of curiosity is there a master list of code that needs to be changed and or filenames that need to be changed
Short answer: As far as I know, no, nothing has to be changed!
Long answer: There was a branding going on at the beginning here, were every filename was changed from .monkey to .cxs, but I think you can use both endings without hassle now. ... at least I do it.
Language wise there are only a few enhancements like enumerations, nine patch ... here mike is definitely the one to talk to, but as I said my all projects all worked without any need for a change.
Btw there has been a major overhaul for android, because the build system has been changed to the standard one (gradle?) android studio uses.

And regarding existing android apps there was a little problem with the savestate file, because it was also renamed frome monkeystate to cerberusstate, so old data were not read and new ones were saved to the new file. There was a thread about it in the forums here.

Look into the tools section. I coded a conversion tool to do the job.

Back
Top Bottom